Teamspeak usage(Swearing)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak usage(Swearing)

I'll start off by saying that in real life I swear like a sailor most of the time. There are places I don't though. Such as in public, around older people, children...there is a time and a place.

|TG| fosters a mature respectful gaming environment for all ages. I think I heard more swearing on the Teamspeak BF4 channel last night than in all my years on different games here. Including , BF2, BF3, PR, COD4-5, Planetside2.
    I think everyone should be respectful to all members and put a lid on the language. We do have younger folks that play with us. It is also the first step down the road to an uncontrolled cluster F%$# of a teamspeak server.
    Tight comms and mature play are what make |TG| the place to be for great Tactical game play. It diminishes the play to have a bunch of dudes swearing and chatting while others are trying to kill!

Look forward to lots of good times with you all. Please don't take offence if this is your style. I just don't think |TG| is the place for it.

Todd
    sigpic

Re: Teamspeak usage(Swearing)

Couldn't agree more.

On a side note, I was watching an interview some years ago with one of the vets from the "Band of Brother's" 101st (can't recall which one...) but the interviewer asked if he thought the mini-series was a realistic portrayal? Of all the topics the vet could have brought up, para drops, combat, training, D-day, Marketgarden, his answer was "we didn't curse that much".

Not entirely related, but I loved the quote.
    SPOOK...
    "Good tactics can save even the worst strategy. Bad tactics will destroy even the best strategy." - George S. Patton

Comment

When and if this is an issue, please find me on TS (poke) and I will deal with it personally.
      Skud

Comment

I can't count the number of times I have dropped from a squad because of poor comms discipline or because of all the cussing. I have nothing against cussing and even do it myself occasionally, but to hear the comms filled with it all the time is much too distracting for those of us that need/want to concentrate on the game at hand. It's not required to get the message across clear and concise or to relay vital information for the mission, so why do it? In the words of the group 'Talking Heads - Life during Wartime' "This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, This ain't no fooling around, No time for dancing, or lovey dovey, I ain't got time for that now".

Comment

We will be using teamspeak still and not the ingame VOIP?
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom View Post
            We will be using teamspeak still and not the ingame VOIP?
            Teamspeak is often used for between-rounds chat, SL-SL chat, and SL-CO chat. I believe we are still using VOIP for ingame stuff.
            I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
              When and if this is an issue, please find me on TS (poke) and I will deal with it personally.
              Copy.
              sigpic

Comment

The thing to remember here is that nobody is trying to be a tyrant. We're not imposing super-strict rules and everyone is going to flex them a little differently. But, as stated, we do have people who let their kids play, or watch them play. We do have minors who play here. "rated M for mature" doesnt give you a license to talk however you want on OUR servers.

As a squad leader or CO, if you're in my squad, I'm not going to require regulations-strict comms. As long as your information is clear and relays the message without a ten minute diatribe, I'm pretty good with it. Language-wise, if you let loose with the occasional expletive, I'm not going to have a problem with it as long as its not derogatory toward another player or somesuch. But if you start acting like the 12 year olds I encounter frequently in GTA Online, I'm going to boot you from my squad and report you to the admins. Bottom line.

The same thing goes for teamspeak. I'm not going to be upset if someone lets one fly in TS, as long as its not frequent, but thats not always the case, depending on what admins and officers and such are in channel as well. In the BF4 channels, it's not my call anyway: those channels are public. Anyone can join them and frequently do. If you dont think you can adhere to that kind of standard for whatever reason, there are other places you can go. As many of us know, the language in many of the IHS channels gets pretty rowdy and vulgar at times (spend 5 minutes on a weekend night in the 6th channel with Dirtboy and I sometime and you'll understand). If you're in an IHS or you've been invited to join one of the IHS channels by one of that squad's members, then feel free to join their channel and play by their language rules. If thats not an option, you can often get one of the admins to create a temporary channel where you're free to do as you please.

But in public channels, you're required to adhere to the standards of decorum that the TG administration has set forth. Its not negotiable. I know as an absolute, ironclad fact that not a single one of the admins will have a problem administering discipline for people wagging their tongues in the wrong fashion.

So, you have your options. Keep it clean and respectful or keep it under wraps.

Comment

A bit off subject but has everyone noticed the signficant lack of profanity in BF4 compared to BF3? Nothing getting pushed in in this game so far. I appreciate that and appreciate a cleaner TS channel as well. Thought I would bring my son in for this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post
                    I think everyone should be respectful to all members and put a lid on the language...

to an uncontrolled cluster F%$# of a teamspeak server.

I see what you did there.
                    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                      I see what you did there.
                      To subtle? :-)
                      sigpic

Comment

I wanted to apologize for some of my profane lapses in TS, up until BF4 I'd been playing with another group that was a little more loose, on allowing profanities. I will make more of an effort to not say such things on TS, or in game comms.
                        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X