Splurging with you knife kills and tags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splurging with you knife kills and tags

I find it highly disturbing how people have the need to tell who they knifed and whose tags they just got midround in the main BF4 channel. Calling it out will train people to go for the knife in situations when a Bullet would be a safer option because it's "a cool thing to do" and "I needed [TG] RandomFamousAdmin's Tags!".

Isn't this just what we want to avoid on TG?

Re: Splurging with you knife kills and tags

The only time knifing is a problem IMO is when you use the fact that an enemy is shooting at a friendly to grab his tags, instead of shooting him to try to save the friendly. Barring that, it's not a problem IMO.

Comment

There are plenty of times it is a problem. If I went back and counted every time playing BF I shot someone who was trying to knife me when if they'd shot me instead I'd be dead, it would number literally in the hundreds. I've had my entire squad wiped because someone went in for a knife kill instead of just shooting the guy (hence blocking our line of fire on him, and the guy shot him and then everyone else in the room). Knife kills aren't glorious. They aren't something to boast about on the teamspeak server. They are an occasional (and rare) tactical necessity. 9 out of 10 knife kills don't help your team so why brag about it on teamspeak like you did something special?
      TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

If I can snag them safely I will, but 8/10 times I shoot first

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Whilst we don't want to get too pofaced about gaming I have to put this out there.

Going for the knife when you should be taking someone down in the most expedient manner is very unprofessional. When you do that instead of putting the tactical approach and the safety of your squad first you aren't playing in a very TG manner.

When you type that sort of thing in all chat you're being immature and what may very well be a joke between friends can come off as taunting to many others and sets a dreadful precedent for the rest of the server, including our visitors, so don't do it. Loudly announcing it across teamwide teamspeak is not acceptable, again what may be simply exuberance on the individuals part comes across as immaturity and it's selfish to disrupt other team members comms, potentially putting them at risk (yup being deafened at a critical moment by someone screaming "I got Wick's tag, yessssss" can get others killed).

We are all enjoying a fantastic new game, we all have our own little battles with friends at TG, however that excuse doesn't have much mileage in it. Please don't let your personal desires/actions impact negatively on the gaming environment of your fellow players nor the reputation of your Community. Doing so will end up causing you more problems than just 4 disgruntled squad mates.

Comment

My post on knifing is withdrawn. Inappropriate tone and out of line with better judgment. My apologies.
            sigpic

Comment

Knives are for when you are out of bullets.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Lets not forget there are times when the knife makes sense, they don't show up on the mini-map. I had a round last night where a guy was separated slightly from his squad in a room. I knifed him, then slipped in behind the rest of the squad. If I shot him first I would have been killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                  Knives are for when you are out of bullets.
                  Or if you come up behind two snipers and don't want to alert the other that their buddy just died

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

This might be aimed at myself I accidentally mentioned a name in teamspeak when I was asking where you see the tags displayed in Battlelog like there was in BF3.

If it was me my sincere apologies I don't like braggarts either. Feeble excuse I know but once again Sorry.

Todd
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post
                      This might be aimed at myself I accidentally mentioned a name in teamspeak when I was asking where you see the tags displayed in Battlelog like there was in BF3.

If it was me my sincere apologies I don't like braggarts either. Feeble excuse I know but once again Sorry.

Todd
                      No worries, noone is singled out and burned on the stakes. There were many incidences. I am more than happy for you if you had a good knife opportunity and some cool guys tags now are your shining trophy. Just don't use the TG teamspeak to announce it midround like you just shot down the last white tiger and have his head on your wall in your dining room.

Comment

Knives are stupid, especially since they can be blocked. Most of the people who have tried to knife me, I have blocked and a squaddie has killed. There are exceptions, but a bullet is easier.
                        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X