Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimizing Audio

Hey guys,

First post on the tg forums! Your bf4 server has rocked, but like many here there are audio issues. The 2 most common problems I've heard from people is the audio cutting out and voip being to low. Here's how to fix that.

First to fix audio going out, credit to reddit user blaqcix, we need to edit the config file. Go to Document/Battlefield 4/settings and open up the file PROSAVE_profile in wordpad. Edit the second line in there called "Gst.Audio.Audioquality" and set it to 4 instead of 1.

Second for voip. In the audio settings in game set your master level to 10-20% and max out your voip volume. The master volume is separate from the voip volume so if you make this tweak you should be able to hear your fellow squad mates over gunshots and tank shells.

Hope this helps!

Re: Optimizing Audio

Figured out the VOIP thingy on my own, but if this audio quality thingy fixes my sound you will be my hero.

The setting I found was GstAudio.AudioQuality (no first "'.") though. I'm guessing that was a typo :)

Comment

Do we know exactly what changing "GstAudio.AudioQuality" does? I have found this chart which seems correct. So wouldn't we set Gst.Audio.Audioquality to 3? Or, is the chart off by 1?

GstAudio.AudioQuality 0= Slightly
      GstAudio.AudioQuality 1= Middle
      GstAudio.AudioQuality 2= High
      GstAudio.AudioQuality 3= Ultra

GstAudio.YourSoundSystem 0= War tape
      GstAudio.YourSoundSystem 1= TV
      GstAudio.YourSoundSystem 2= Hi-Fi
      GstAudio.YourSoundSystem 3= Home Cinema
      GstAudio.YourSoundSystem 4= Headphones
      Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Please let us know if this is confirmed to fix the VOIP cutting out. If so, we'll sticky it and make sure everyone does it.

Comment

Aruncado and I tested it on a domination server last night, and it seems to be working. We both set the related value to 4 and could hear each other very clearly.

Have yet to test on TG, will post back with further results. For now assume that it is working though.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post
            Aruncado and I tested it on a domination server last night, and it seems to be working. We both set the related value to 4 and could hear each other very clearly.

Have yet to test on TG, will post back with further results. For now assume that it is working though.
            Was it NOT working for you before and now it is? That's an important distinction.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
              Was it NOT working for you before and now it is? That's an important distinction.
              Before changing the value voip was "working" but was often choppy or in-and-out, the worst cases being half of peoples sentences were dropped.

After changing the value voip was clear and completely intelligible.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

A Domination server would have a lot less players on and accordingly less load on the voip for that server. You really need to test that on the TG server.

Something I'm curious about - is voip quality on TG server better in off hours? Less TGers on = less voip usage = better quality?
                |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I have tried this with the original suggestion of 4 and the one listed above of 3. Still get cutting and loss of sound. Just played the Railway map and it is still bad. Not sure what others may experience.

Comment

Originally posted by jb4 View Post
                    I have tried this with the original suggestion of 4 and the one listed above of 3. Still get cutting and loss of sound. Just played the Railway map and it is still bad. Not sure what others may experience.
                    Ditto. Just tried it on that same map and it didn't really fix anything. I'm guessing this is just something a patch will need to address. Well, for me at least.

Comment

Also I would suggest tweaking your audio settings. I use headphones and until last night the in game audio was specifying my speakers as a 5.1 stereo system. I changed the setting to headphones and got a nice boost for in game audio.
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I did the following:
                        GstAudio.AudioQuality 4
                        GstAudio.YourSoundSystem 4

And I still experience choppy sound...

:(
                        |TG|drjones666

Comment

Just saw this note posted on Battlelog, 2013-11-04:
                          http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...5217944685108/

"Miscellaneous Audio Bugs
                          FIX UPCOMING
                          We are aware of the issues with missing/corrupted audio in multiplayer and have created a fix for them. This fix is planned for release in the next PC client patch (see “Upcoming Updates” below.) "

Color me impatient for this fix to arrive.
                          ;)
                          |TG|drjones666

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...