Optimization Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimization Thread

Optimization advice is scattered across threads. Perhaps the admins would consider an Optimization Thread (here or in technical) to bring all advice on this issue together.

Unoptimized E-Male
    sigpic

Re: Optimization Thread

I agree. and with the right tags people can find it via google :)

Comment

I'm CPU limited. Any guesses which video settings I can crank and which I should turn down?

Comment

Ok, firstly turn off MSAA (ie zero) and reduce post process anti aliasing. These are settings that hammer any rig. Whilst largely GPU based with all the destruction it has a big impact on CPU imo.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
          I'm CPU limited. Any guesses which video settings I can crank and which I should turn down?
          Typically with the newer stuff Shadows and Lighting getting cranked down makes a huge difference, as does all the post filtering AA type stuff which I always crank down anyways. BF3 was always beautiful to me on medium/low, low to pwn, so I'm a bit different than most gamers, but I also notice the impact of low frames performance more than most.

Kinda disappointed this game doesn't need more to run well really, not that I wanted to have to blow a bunch of money, but in the past I've had to upgrade between generations.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X