Crash Fix?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash Fix?

I have been crashing almost every round today. I just turned my hyper threading off, and played 5 crash free rounds in a row.

Re: Crash Fix?

It's worth a try for those with HT, and depending in how optimized BF4 is, it may actually improve framerate a little. I have seen this "fix" among many others scattered throughout the BF4 forums and although I have a 2600k at 5 Ghz running with HT on, I'm stubborn, and rather wait for DICE to fix their game then tinker with my perfectly working computer. I have put countless hours into conforming my system to buggy games that I have practically given up doing anything except for searching if all my drivers are up to date, which they normally are.
    A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

How do you turn HT off?
      sigpic

Comment

Isn't HT called Hyper Transport, which is turned off in BIOS, only used on Intel CPUs? I got AMD cpu and I crash a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
          Isn't HT called Hyper Transport, which is turned off in BIOS, only used on Intel CPUs? I got AMD cpu and I crash a lot.
          True for all three statements there!

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
          [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
          [support]

Comment

Same for me on the crashing. The only games that don't seem to crash are the ones where I do terrible. If I am in a squad and team that is doing pretty well and we are bucking for Ace Squad, I am guaranteed a crash and stat loss. If I am really struggling you can just bet it's gonna count. :)

Not to mention I have to suicide a couple times each game because for some reason my camera just will not stop shaking. My god that's irritating.

Oh and if I am rezzed, often I cannot deploy at all and just have to quit the game entirely.

And since the queue was activated, now I get DirectX crashes that I didn't get before. I cannot imagine how that would affect DirectX but I didn't get them until yesterday.

The first patch really can't come fast enough. You kinda expect this stuff from a new release but it is still frustrating.

Comment

Cohiba,
              You might try the directx direct install. I don't have all the details in front of me, but it involves going to your game directory and running the executable that installs directx. Apparently the game missed some files when it installed.

Comment

Originally posted by MDawg77 View Post
                Cohiba,
                You might try the directx direct install. I don't have all the details in front of me, but it involves going to your game directory and running the executable that installs directx. Apparently the game missed some files when it installed.
                Took your advice, and it did seem to update some files, but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by CohibaX View Post
                  Not to mention I have to suicide a couple times each game because for some reason my camera just will not stop shaking. My god that's irritating.
                  I get this a lot, especially after being revived, or after some event that makes the ground shake like large explosions or levolution. I saw a thread in the Battlelog forums suggesting . . Simply switch weapons and then back . . it works for me.
                  theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                  E Pluribus Unum
                  Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I kept getting DirectX crashes too - the "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed commands" crash. It did it to me in BF3 for awhile as well, just randomly out of the blue. I had never gotten it before. Same with BF4. I had a few days of solid play, and then it started happening. Couldn't even make it out of the Deploy screen.

Another funny thing is that I got this error alot with Splinter Cell: Blacklist. I thought maybe my video card was on the fritz or it just wasn't up to snuff (Radeon HD 5700 series) but I guess alot of other people were having this issue as well, after doing some research. Besides the fact, my 5750 handled BF3 pretty well, surprisingly.

Anyway, what I'm doing for BF4 right now, is running it in windowed mode and I haven't gotten that crash since. I think I had to do the same thing with Blacklist, if I recall correctly. I also reinstalled DirectX and updated my video card drivers as well.

The DirectX reinstall is here
                    C: (or whatever drive you have BF4 installed on)\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist

Run the DXSETUP.exe that's in there.
                    |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X