Voip status

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voip status

Is VOIP still a problem for clear comms?
    sigpic

Re: Voip status

I'd say it's about 75% affective within a squad. Still some cutting-out on occasions, but I think a squad could still be run with it right now. It may be better/worse for others of course. Hopefully this is being worked-on by DICE!

Comment

Originally posted by Makarov View Post
      I'd say it's about 75% affective within a squad. Still some cutting-out on occasions, but I think a squad could still be run with it right now. It may be better/worse for others of course. Hopefully this is being worked-on by DICE!
      Thanks. I have been SLing using a minimum of voice but will be more vocal now!
      sigpic

Comment

I could not get my commands out to my squad clearly last night over VOIP, despite repeating each command thrice.

Comment

for me VOIP has been perfectly fine in 75% of matches and close to un-usable in the other 25%.
          My experience from chat messages etc. is that VOIP quality seems fairly consistent across the server, so that most people on the server will either be having clear intelligable VOIP or garbage VOIP.

I would be interested to know what (in anything) that correlates with. Server uptime? Bandwidth usage? CPU load? RAM load ? etc.

Comment

My problem with it is there is no real indicator if its working or not. Some nights it seems fine some it does not work at all.
            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Is it a problem on large servers like ours only? Voip was terrible yesterday. Everyone said I was breaking up so I stayed quiet mostly.

Comment

I have found on the small servers I play on that VOIP works 90% or more of the time.
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I can hear 40-60% of the people in my squad, and about 20-40% of the people can hear me clearly.

This game doesn't have a lot of chance beyond BF3 without VOIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
                    . . . This game doesn't have a lot of chance beyond BF3 without VOIP.
                    I am inclined to agree. Without a fully functioning VOIP (and, granted, there remains the possibility of a 100% fix, but it is very odd that this is not (apparently) a priority for what should otherwise be a state-of-the-art teamwork game.

I cannot effectively CO (for which I am sure many are glad ;-)

I cannot implement fireteams without 100% VOIP.

I can't do much of anything until this VOIP issue is fixed.

I am sadder than sad Keanu.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorry. I have accidentally started two similar threads on the VOIP issue.

Perhaps the Admins could redirect one thread to the other.
                      sigpic

Comment

Its effectiveness seems to be tied into the time of day. If it's peak time, it seems to work less. Playing during the day, it's actually pretty solid. Play during the evening...

Comment

Anyone had issues with voip on other servers or non peak hours when not many TGers are on?

It wouldn't surprise me if TG is using so much voip in our primetime that we are outside the "expected usage" needs. Be hilarious if true. I'd also be worried though cause if that was the case then we would just be a small blip on the radar for what would otherwise look like working voip.
                          Last edited by FBmantis; 11-11-2013, 04:06 PM.
                          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

If so, I wonder if it'd help for everyone to turned down VOIP quality? (use lower bandwidth)

Comment

VOIP for me works "most" of the time, the rest of time it is cutting and out.
                              Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X