TG-3rd Tryouts Thursday Night 8pm EST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] TG-3rd Tryouts Thursday Night 8pm EST

For those interested, the 3rd will be running a tryout for interested prospectives on Thursday evening at 8pm EST in our private server. It will involve testing various things with an emphasis on attitude and teamwork.

The 3rd is an IHS squad focused in small squad infantry tactics, especially those operating behind enemy lines. We are a fun-loving group who enjoy tactics and teamwork. Contrary to past experience, the 3rd will NOT be engaging in competition play in BF4, but instead is focused on developing tactics for the TG server as well as teaching TG players (more on that front coming soon, I promise!). Attitude is paramount (as almost all other skills can be taught).

Interested parties can PM Crux for details!

EDIT: Thursday 8pm EST instead due to changed birthday plans with wife!
    Last edited by Crux; 11-12-2013, 07:32 AM.
    TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Re: TG-3rd Tryouts Wednesday Night 8pm EST

Good luck guys! The 3rd is an awesome group of guys

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Re: TG-3rd Tryouts Wednesday Night 8pm EST

Haha! Lying liars and the lies they tell. It'll be Thursday instead folks. Wife's birthday on Thursday and she wants to go out to dinner on Wednesday night to celebrate. Go figure!

Comment

Re: TG-3rd Tryouts Thursday Night 8pm EST

Any time requirements for the squad (like must play x days a week, or must be able to play Thursday nights at 8 PM)?

Comment

Originally posted by MDawg77 View Post
          Any time requirements for the squad (like must play x days a week, or must be able to play Thursday nights at 8 PM)?
          That's a negative Ghostrider. As I said we're not training to compete. The big picture goal is to implement reasonably accurate real-life tactics in-game. We focus mostly on two things: being really sneaky until we get in position, and then kicking down doors and destroying everything inside. The thunderbolt out of the blue sky, so to speak. We just got a private server to practice some ideas etc because the big picture goal here is that we do this in the server, but also run training classes etc and be a teaching tool for TG in BF4.

That's a longwinded way of saying no. While we will work on mechanical skills of the game such as marksmanship etc, our primary focus is on finding like-minded individuals who are fun to play with. Being available for a specific hour every week doesn't really work into that description anywhere :)

Comment

Can't stress enough how much you can learn under Crux. Dude is a machine. And intense. And he has a sexy Australian accent. I learned a lot while I was in the 3rd, and had a ton of fun. I ain't the best shooter by any means, but he manages to squeeze more than you think you can do.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spur View Post
              Can't stress enough how much you can learn under Crux. Dude is a machine. And intense. And he has a sexy Australian accent. I learned a lot while I was in the 3rd, and had a ton of fun. I ain't the best shooter by any means, but he manages to squeeze more than you think you can do.
              Thanks for the kind words. A little less intense these days :D Kids will do that to you! Still squeezing though.

Comment

Still, your nickname is "Murderbox." There's a reason for that. ;)

Comment

That's some old school 3rd references right there.

Remember Caeli Cado kids, when the 3rd comes knocking you better hope you are on the other side of locker.
                  Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

The 3rd are a top notch group. I would recommend anyone wanting to have some thrilling, tactical oriented infantry battles to join this IHS!

Comment

No IHS in 2142 could consistently hand my squad it's a** more than the 3rd. They definitely are a group that brings it's A-game!

Comment

Originally posted by Arithea View Post
                        Still, your nickname is "Murderbox." There's a reason for that. ;)
                        "Good god Crux you're a Murderbox" will forever ring in my ears. One of the funniest moments of my gaming career.

Comment

So, how'd they go? The anticipation is killing me.

Comment

Forgive Aruncado: he's a time traveling tree fruit.

Comment

Wha? Oh wait...yeah. Today is Thursday. If you need me I'll be in the blue box over there...bigger on the inside...Sprite.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X