X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Patch R8 Deployed, client patch 'soon'

UPDATE #7 (Nov 12):
    Server Update R8 rolling out on PC
    We recently deployed the R8 Server Update on PC. It should be propagating throughout servers in the upcoming hours. You can find the change notes below.

R8 Update Notes:
    *Fixed a number of dog tags that were showing up as blank in-game.
    *Lowered the damage caused by Mobile AA Active Radar missiles to aircraft. The previous damage was incorrectly set too high.
    *Improved server crash reporting and performance tracking on all platforms. This should further help us identify and fix server crashes going forward.
    Also, promises of client patch soon
    UPDATE #8 (Nov 12):
    Client patch (PC)
    The PC client patch for Battlefield 4 will go live in the near future and fixes a number of different issues you have helped us to identify, including a number of the most common crashes and freezes. We will get back to you with a full fix list and a specific date for this update soon.
    And a battlelog update
    Upcoming Live Scoreboard (PC)
    We will introduce Live Scoreboards in the PC server browser on Battlelog in the upcoming days. It will let you see the current status in the ongoing round on a server before you join, such as the number of remaining targets in a round of Obliteration. We will be able to give you specific date on this feature soon.
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...17944685108/1/

Re: Server Patch R8 Deployed, client patch 'soon'

Sigh.....no VoIP fix
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

given that VOIP mostly works, my guess is that they're going to focus on making the game not crash so much first. I don't blame them.

Comment

Where's the friends list limit fix????!!! I'm tired of having to pick my friends!

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
        [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
        [support]

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchnSniff0 View Post
          Where's the friends list limit fix????!!! I'm tired of having to pick my friends!
          You can pick your nose. You can pick your friends. But you can't pick your friends nose!

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
            You can pick your nose. You can pick your friends. But you can't pick your friends nose!
            Oh! I disagree! You pick some of the best gold that way!

[support]

Comment

Patch tommorrow:

UPDATE #9:
              PC Game Update Goes Live Nov 14
              We are happy to report that the PC Battlefield 4 game update will go live tomorrow, November 14. The main focus of this update is threefold:

1) Reduce the number of crashes
              We believe this update will solve a large portion of the most commonly occuring game crashes, and the improvement in overall stability should make a big difference for many players.

2) Eliminate a network sync bug
              If you’ve been experiencing situations in multiplayer where it appears that you are taking damage from enemies through walls, you might have been the victim of a network sync bug. In this game update, we have identified and eliminated one such bug that caused this type of gameplay experience. We are continuing to work on more multiplayer optimizations concerning network performance.

3) Improve Network Smoothing
              We have made some improvements to the ”Network Smoothing” functionality that you can find in the OPTIONS>GAMEPLAY menu. The Network Smoothing slider governs a group of settings that aim to produce a tighter multiplayer experience based on your specific packet loss situation.

If you’ve been experimenting with the Network Smoothing slider earlier, it might now yield better results. If you haven’t tried it before, please explore this setting and set it to the lowest value you can without experiencing graphical glitches in the game. By setting it lower, you can get a tighter multiplayer experience, depending on your specific network situation.

More details upcoming
              Besides the above mentioned focus areas, this PC game update contains a number of other fixes and tweaks that we will detail once it’s live.

This game update for PC goes live around 10AM UTC/2AM PST November 14. Your Origin Client should acknowledge and automatically download this update for you, as usual. Otherwise, you can right click your game in the client and select ”Check for Update”. There will be a Battlelog maintenance downtime for about an hour as this update goes live. During this time multiplayer on PC will be unavailable.

We will release full patch notes for this game update later, but the three items mentioned above are by far the most important changes in this update. We understand that stability has been rocky for some players, and hope that this update will make the game run smoother and more stable for you. Let us know in the comments below.
              http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...5217944685108/
              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

sounds promising.

Comment

Nice..... I might kill people now instead of just seeing blood fly!
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Specifically like the network smoothing update. That setting helps a lot if you set it correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchnSniff0 View Post
                      There's a workaround to the friendlist limit. I sent you a PM about it since I can't post links on these forums.

Comment

ScratchnSniff0, please post the workaround if it's not questionable. Ran into this issue a couple of days ago.

Sounds like a nice patch. In time for some weekend play too.

Comment

http://getbblog.com/en/install

This is what he is talking about. I really don't wanna mess up my battlelog so I am going to wait and see if others do this, or if EA fixes Origin *laughs*.

[support]

Comment

Originally posted by Zoraster View Post
                            given that VOIP mostly works, my guess is that they're going to focus on making the game not crash so much first. I don't blame them.
                            true dat. Do hope they get it functional though...its too buggy and there is no excuse since BF2 VOIP worked great.

Comment

Oh boy! The client patch is here today! Includes special 3D effects!!!! Only problem I cant turn the 3D effect off! Who got some 3D glasses for OldGunney?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X