Starting the game as lone wolf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting the game as lone wolf

Is it possible to set up the server so that all players start off not in a squad? Lone wolfing.

Remember 2142? When we started games we had to first either join a squad or start one or stay out and lone wolf. We also had the ability to name the squad which was fun too. Made for some smack talking between teams.

The big problem with BF4 is you almost always end up assigned to a squad with a squad leader you know nothing about. And if by chance you do get a good squad leader that communicates then leaves by either crashing or leave the game quietly, someone in the squad is moved up to the squad leader position. Often times this person does not realize he is now the squad boss and goes about aimlessly in the game dragging your sorry butt around.

Which brings up another question. Do lone wolfs get to talk to each other? Don't know. I do know you can leave a squad and go it alone. Just don't get squad buddy points.

Anyway, thought I would field this question. Doubt if the admin could do it.

Re: Starting the game as lone wolf

Not something we have control over.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

'Tis a shame, as I hate ditching the two-man non-TG squad I start with for more familiar environs with those whom I know. Makes me feel bad every time.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
        Is it possible to set up the server so that all players start off not in a squad? Lone wolfing.

Remember 2142? When we started games we had to first either join a squad or start one or stay out and lone wolf. We also had the ability to name the squad which was fun too. Made for some smack talking between teams.

The big problem with BF4 is you almost always end up assigned to a squad with a squad leader you know nothing about. And if by chance you do get a good squad leader that communicates then leaves by either crashing or leave the game quietly, someone in the squad is moved up to the squad leader position. Often times this person does not realize he is now the squad boss and goes about aimlessly in the game dragging your sorry butt around.

Which brings up another question. Do lone wolfs get to talk to each other? Don't know. I do know you can leave a squad and go it alone. Just don't get squad buddy points.

Anyway, thought I would field this question. Doubt if the admin could do it.
        Gunney If you get a SL who does not respond or communicate Try chatting them up if they don't respond let an admin know , SO far its been about 50 /50 those who respond and those who don't . The admin team can send a message to the player and a lot respond and fix VOIP they just don't realize we are using it. Those who still don't respond after being chatted up and warned will get kicked . either way you get an SL to talk to
        sigpic

Comment

Nobody should be lone-wolfing. This is TG, join a squad.
          |TG|Melee
          Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Gunny isn't suggesting that anyone lonewolf, he's asking if its possible to set the server to not automatically assign you to a squad when you load in so you can manually select one (then as in 2142 you have a set amount of to to join one before being kicked)

Edit -> Wicks is correct.
            Last edited by Sargentkyle23; 11-17-2013, 08:33 AM.
            Proud to have been an Irregular!
            |TG-56th| S.Kyle23

Comment

Sargentkyle, nobody made a blanket accusation against a person so tone it down please. I suggest you re-read Gunny's first post again where it does mention the option of lone wolfing in 2142.

There is no reason for the undercurrent of hostility on some these threads, regardless it won't be tolerated. People need to start being a bit careful how they post.
              Last edited by Wicks; 11-17-2013, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X