Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] TG Server Hard Core Test

Ladies and gentlemen,

From this weekend we will be testing a stock HardCore set up on the TG server to see how it plays and fits in with the TG playing style.

Please note this is very much a test and in no way indicative of the direction the server is headed at this time.

Please use this thread to provide feedback. Please get on the server when you can and give the settings a thorough test. Try out as many kits/vehicles/scenarios as you can, whilst following orders of course!

When providing feedback please be honest, impartial and thorough, tell us how it plays, how it feels and where possible please focus more on 'how the soup tastes than the list of ingredients'. Tell us how it impacted on your gameplay, did you adjust your approach and if so how, describe the effect on the pace and rhythm of the game, the balance and tactics. Most importantly tell us if you enjoyed playing. Please give it a few games before drawing conclusions where possible, as with all changes, it takes a little while to adapt for some of us (myself included lol) and often it's only once you've adapted that the possibilities, counters and new tactics become clear.

We're looking forward to all your feedback and taking that forward to continue to build a great TG experience on our BF server.

Thank you for your time, see you in game.

Wicks

Re: TG Server Hard Core Test

Couldn't be happier to hear this news. Hopping on now to test
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Sweet!! <--This is not how the soup tastes, but an exclamation about trying out Hardcore :-)
      sigpic

Comment

sounds good. will be interesting to test

Comment

Gunney hates it! :P

Comment

Well... I don't have to aim anymore lol
            sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
            [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

Played a few rounds (Zavod, Rogue Transmission, Galmud Railway)

Lone wolf's dream.

Takes away Q spotting, the need for suppressors (flash hider just as good!), half the recon kit (tugs, motion balls, etc). Takes away half of what a CO can do with UAVs.

I tried to take a screen cap of it, but it didn't take. But I was on the winning side, and basically the entire team except for one squad was positioned in the hills outside flags doing the snipey/engineer thing. I understand the thought that it'd make people work harder to communicate positions, but I think that (1) it doesn't generally happen and (2) it makes it so difficult to talk about things that people just give up. You don't have the minimap to even orient yourself (or to give cardinal directions even).

Team killing also is painfully common with it. The markers take a while to load, and in the time you have to decide whether to shoot or not because if they're an enemy, they'll kill you.

Don't know how much your health is, your ammo, etc. and so forth like we were talking about before. All those objections stand from the discussion before.

I think it's possible that HC could have a place as an occasional event thing, but this clearly isn't the solution for day-to-day. HC might work as an occasional (say every Tuesday) if it's played on more infantry maps. But as it stands, I would not want to see this on the server on any more regular basis.

Comment

The lack of compass is an absolute killer. Even if I take the time to memorize the cardinal directions on every map, 90% of the players will not so it is useless anyway.

Generally speaking the minimap I can take or leave, but I did notice it makes it a LOT harder to keep the squad together and moving in the same direction. With mini-map I can move and have everyone follow the star. Without it... I'm left talking a whole bunch and even with my sexy tones people probably want to hear something than my voice incessantly sounding like I'm herding cats.

Impression so far is that we were headed in the right direction before and this is tipping the scales too far. Obviously the weekend will tell!
                TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

I had no issues with the map in regards to the loss of the mini map. It was a quick as hitting M to pop it up.

I far prefer this version to the normal settings. Though it seems I am in the minority.

I find the mini map to the biggest "gamy" feature of our old settings. I hate myself for using it, look down in the bottom left spot a red dot in front of you then kill the guy you never would have saw.
                  doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Agreed, I find the Doritos on the mini-map very "gamy" and hate having to use it to "keep-up" with the game play. Without them it would greatly slow the game down and make it more "tactical" to actually have to look around to find the enemy.

Comment

Great feedback so far guys, thank you. Of course the settings and their impact will necessitate a change in gameplay for many, please detail how you made the adjustment (if you did) and what the results were.

Again this is a test and the config is to some degree a platform from which we will adjust further based on everyone's experiences and the type and level of gameplay we are aiming to achieve as a community.

Thanks all for the time and participation, you're input is helping us create the optimum environment.

Comment

I've yet to play on the HC yet but I don't think a mini map being "gamy" means it doesn't fit with TG. We are here to be soldiers in the BF4 Universe and that means I get all my ammo teleported into me by a small box and I can bring my SL back up after he takes a cruise missile to the face. It also happens to mean that I have a HUD and a mini map in normal mode. It is a tool at your soldiers disposal, nothing more. How you use and apply those tools are what makes TG the way it is, not what tools we have.

That being said I am likely to spend the rest of the evening on the server, but I have had some experience with HC in the past and I don't understand how it enhances teamplay overall.
                        Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

I dislike. But I think it could work with some patches from EA:

1. Minimap needs to come back. Even if minimap spotting is turned off, this needs to be here to orient players on spawn or calling directions and familiarize themselves with friendly forces in the area.
                          2. 2nd screen should work. Should be like minimap -- no enemy icons (fairness). In HC, it's disabled because it's an extension of the main map (not minimap), which does show enemy icons
                          3. Put a reference point on the mortar handheld! I get that crosshairs are off, but without a reference point, I'm wasting 2-3 of my 6 shots on the mortar trying to bracket the enemy. I almost put white-out on my monitor as a reference! Should only take me one ranging shot to figure out my offset and adjust. Even if they just added a static dot to the handheld display, it would help immensely. I just finished a map of locker where we were unable to advance up the outside, because there were so many snipers! We had a commander, there was a UAV up, and if I could accurately deliver mortars, we could have moved up. Instead, I'm having difficulty even just walking mortars in front of an advancing squad (would really like smoke mortars from BF3 back for this purpose, as well)

Heck, I'd even *LOVE* it if minimap spotting came back, but it was a 10 meter shaded circle, not a dorito. That would allow people to accurate determine threat direction without providing the ability to pinpoint players who are using stealth effectively.

Comment

The removal of crosshairs also takes them off the mortars. Which made it useless. I was firing blind and hurting team members more often than not. Losing the mini map is a double edged sword. It makes players do 360 security more often, but also makes it harder for players to orient themselves. Plus, commander UAVs and EMPs are almost essential to getting command points for the big ticket items like supply drops, squad promotions, and offensive actions. So, it in a sense handicaps commanders as well.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

The mortar works like the MLRS no? Well I used that for the first time in a test and was able to land rounds directly on a Jetski. The middle of the screen is the middle of the screen. All removing cross hairs from indirect fire weapons does is remove the ability to instantly 'snipe' a map marker, it does not break them, they are 'indirect fire weapons'. Claiming something is broken when in fact it's simply a bit more difficult, ie it slows down gameplay a touch because you have to aim, ala cross hairs on all weapons, clouds the feedback. Please adapt and then tell us about the outcome and how adapting affected you and the gameplay.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X