Intended use of vehicles - a reminder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intended use of vehicles - a reminder

Ok, we are seeing a large number of players using vehicle assets as disposable taxis to get on top of roof tops. Predominantly this seems to centre on jumping in planes and helos and flying to a roof, bailing and crashing the vehicle to gain a vantage point to snipe down from. This is prohibited under our rules. Please play realistically and utilise vehicles as intended. There are teamwork based solutions to achieve this 'goal' and the bail and dump method is not something we want to see from players, particularly TG tagged players, on the server. If you do this do not be suprised when you are spoken to by an Admin and potentially removed from the server. It's not the type of gameplay we want here.

Thank you.

Re: Intended use of vehicles - a reminder

I have a question about the Littlebird on this point, actually. Given that it's meant to be a scout chopper and not a troop transport, how do we feel about having a squad leader run the Littlebird and occasionally allow squad mates to spawn on him/her to help clear rooftops? It does mean that the SL has to hop out of the bird or at least land it, giving them a moment of vulnerability, but does that constitute unintended use? I can see arguments for and against, so I thought I'd ask.

Comment

Personally I would say as long as you aren't just ditching it you should be fine. I have den this a number of times. Landed on a roof my squad killed whomever, repaired the bird and off we went. Tactical Insertion. ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

That's sort of how I thought of it, Dredge, but just reading through the top post made me think about it, so I figured I'd ask just in case. :) The Littlebird can be ridiculously useful sometimes.

Comment

Not being able to see nametags of enemy players makes it really hard to report this...

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
            Not being able to see nametags of enemy players makes it really hard to report this...
            That's why you gotta kill em ;) added bonus

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
              That's why you gotta kill em ;) added bonus
              Easier said than done .. Often those who I see ditching aircraft are way off in the distance. Since I am not staring at the sky, nor watching the aircraft fly around I would not see one above me. It is also difficult to call someone out about it, when it is possible that said player may be bailing out of an aircraft that is about to go down anyway. Of course there are many instances when I see an aircraft being ditched over a tall building, and the pilot is obviously parachuting onto said building, but at that distance, there are no tags.

One thing that does give them away, is that anyone who gets into an aircraft's pilot seat is re-suited into a pilot suit, which is very distinct and easy to find who that player is, IF you can survive long enough to get to said rooftop and kill them. Unless we have more people/admins who are just in spectator mode for the purpose of policing the rules/SOPs it will be tough to completely stop such behavior.

One suggestion, if players will keep an eye on their squad mates to see them using aircraft for such purposes. I have seen non-TG in my squad do so, and I have warned them about such activities. It is usually the guy who plays sniper, ignores SL orders(SL who wont give orders), and dont have a mic. Then again, we would have to do something about all the 2-3 man squads (had 9. . 9! 2 man squads on my team last night.:row1_3:)
              theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
              E Pluribus Unum
              Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
              Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Just report it when you can, don't make witch hunts.
                Skud

Comment

I would think as long as one is not reckless discarding the asset its use is valid. I wish they made players pay cash for the good stuff . . .
                  sigpic

Comment

bump
                    sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse