Spectator Mode - Windowed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectator Mode - Windowed

Has anyone here hung out in spectator mode in windowed view? I tried it today for a while to monitor the server and deal with problem players, but my CPU temps started to shoot through the roof! At one point I was up to 177F, which is only 3F below the point where I have my machine configured to shut down. As soon as I went into full screen mode, temps started dropping.

Anyone having similar results?
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Spectator Mode - Windowed

Haven't watched my temps but I've done windowed before and kept it like that alt tabbed for a while without issues.

The main issue I have with spectator is when the emp effect hits the player or area you are watching it often stays until you exit spectator. Sooo annoying..
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I haven't seen this happen when I did spectator. I will see if I can duplicate what happened and let you know.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
        Has anyone here hung out in spectator mode in windowed view? I tried it today for a while to monitor the server and deal with problem players, but my CPU temps started to shoot through the roof! At one point I was up to 177F, which is only 3F below the point where I have my machine configured to shut down. As soon as I went into full screen mode, temps started dropping.

Anyone having similar results?
        I noticed at the end of the game my FPS and GPU temp would shoot straight up! I have a Nvidia GTX 560 card and have to run EVGA Precision in the background to monitor GPU usage and the software controls the GPU fan. If I don't run it I've found the fan don't completely come up to speed to adequately cool the unit down.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X