Sniperfield 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniperfield 4

What in the world happened to this game in the last few days. Snipers are like cockroaches right now, and it isn't just our server (but our server is pretty overwhelmed with them). Did the hardcore changes make body shots 1 hit kills from distance?

Re: Sniperfield 4

Hardcore changes the health value from 100 down to 60. Most sniper rifles deal 100 maximum damage and 59 minimum. Where the minimum damage kicks in depends on the weapon and round being fired. So the .308 bolt actions can do >=60 damage on a chest shot out to 99 meters. The .338 and larger rounds deal their minimum damage at 150 meters. So with a 338 Recon, M98B, or SRR-61 you can get a lethal chest shot at 149 meters.

Not only that, most DMRs can two shot kill at any range, and get one hit kill headshots on hardcore health settings.

The entire balance to the sniper rifles in a battlefield game is that you need a headshot to be capable of a one-hit kill, making it very much a skill based kit. Hardcore health throws that out the window by making snipers crazy-efficient. I'm not a fan. I like this from a purely selfish perspective, however this setup simply rewards bad and/or lazy snipers. I.e. it only rewards rooftop campers and bush wookies who are contributing nothing to their squads, and makes the strongest bullet-based weapons in the game (bolt-actions and DMRs) the dominant primary weapons.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

plus because of the fact you can't see your health, you might easily be running around with 50 or 55 health thinking you're perfectly healthy and getting 1 shot bodykilled at super long range.

Comment

I missed out on BF3 at TG (poor me), but I almost liked HC in BC2 except for the OHK anywhere for sniper rifles was a total dealbreaker.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X