Tag wearing TG members and Team speak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tag wearing TG members and Team speak

I've noticed quite a few players breaking off and going into various Team speak channels to play. While I can get as frustrated as anyone at having to repeat myself 6 times to be heard. I think its a bad habit to get into. I have had quite a bit of success talking up non-TG members in VOIP into Squad leading correctly as well as staying and playing with the squads.

I worry that if we bury ourselves in various TS channels it will negatively affect the quality of Play on the server.

I always try and play a few rounds each night with new people or non-TG just to check and make sure they can hear and respond to VOIP and understand that they are required to lead as SL

If you have a non-responsive squad mate or Squad leader Please let an admin know we will either correct it with the player or send them on their way.

We are trying to establish a culture on the server where everyone is on comms working together but we need your help to make it work.

Thx AL
    sigpic

Re: Tag wearing TG members and Team speak

Are we talking creating private TG squads, or playing in seperate TS channels...?
    |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

He is talking about being in game, but down in the 248th Awesome Peoples TS channel.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Sorry, Mainly what Dredge said but I'd like to encourage people to help police the VOIP responsiveness as well as try and make a good impression and introduce new people to TG.

When I was new to online gaming (2142 was my first) Old Gunney took the time to talk with me play a few rounds here and there and generally helped me out and that's how I found TG and I'm still here.

Everyone has the opportunity to do this and help grow the kind of community we want everyday they play. After a round or two grab a beer and then go play with your friends
        sigpic

Comment

I'm still a little confused... 100% agree that we need to be in-game converting pubbies to TGers, but am not seeing the connection to the TS channels... currently there are no game comms going on in BF4 TS channels. The only comms that happen in TS are the occasional question, chirping between friends, and end-game GGs and lols.

In-game for me, I find I dont have to do much policing among my squad members. Often, if they hear me communicating with a couple other TGers in the squad, they hop on board and start communicating with and supporting the squad. People like what TG has to offer :P
          |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

What i think would be great is that awesome BF3 plugin to work for BF4. Including commander. Now that would be sweet. Especially during the HC tests. The CO will be the only one with access to the UAV spotting system, and would relay enemy movements down to squads. Its a good tactical, realistic alternative to the mini map.
            -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

I cannot handle the noise in the main TS BF4 channel. I end up shushing people and asking for comms discipline too often.

For me, it's going to have to be no TS at all or being in a quiet, small channel.

Comment

I enjoy being in the main channel to exchange good games and a healthy dose of civilized smack talk between rounds. I would say that as soon as the map starts loading switch to game comms and in debrief talk amongst each other. Just be cognizant of everyone else in the channel.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

For me personally, the real community/camaraderie-building happens in game, in squad-VOIP. It's the moments we share much more than the between round hijinks. I personally don't get much out of a full TS channel, so if I AM on TS, you'll probably find me in some subchannel somewhere :)

So long as we're using squad VOIP and not not getting clique-ish about who we play with, I'm not too concerned about what channel people are in (or if they're even on TS in the first place).

Comment

I know I spend a lot of time in our channal while ingame, I'm not alone in 6th doing this. But ingame we always use VOIP, I really don't see what difference it makes if we stay in our own channal on ts.
                    |TG-6th|Spaz

"You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

Comment

Ok lets try this again shall we as the op by an Admin was mistaken as a request for people to state their personal preferences.

What follows is the Official TG position on TS.

We appreciate that at times ingame squad voip is flaky. We accept at times people will want to play using a private/seperate channel, fof numerous reasons.

However we would also appreciate if at times people would get out of those channels and join the actual BF channels too.

We are attempting to build a healthy BF4 community at TG and attract like minded gamers by directing them to the forums and TS. When they arrive it would be nice if the channel was thriving and some people were there to greet them.

It benefits our existing community by getting players talking who may not have crossed paths before. This stuff is fairly obvious.

Last night I spent half the time in the main channel and once the server was seeded up I spent the rest of the time in an Admin channel for various reasons. We all have reasons for using private channels at times and that's fine.

Summing up it's simple, lets strike a balance between personal preferences and doing what's best to build our community and strengthen it. No one is saying it has to be all the time and its certainly not mandatory, we should never have to mandate community building.

(Apologies, the post would have been more elegany but I'm on my phone)

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                        Ok lets try this again shall we as the op by an Admin was mistaken as a request for people to state their personal preferences.

What follows is the Official TG position on TS.

We appreciate that at times ingame squad voip is flaky. We accept at times people will want to play using a private/seperate channel, fof numerous reasons.

However we would also appreciate if at times people would get out of those channels and join the actual BF channels too.

We are attempting to build a healthy BF4 community at TG and attract like minded gamers by directing them to the forums and TS. When they arrive it would be nice if the channel was thriving and some people were there to greet them.

It benefits our existing community by getting players talking who may not have crossed paths before. This stuff is fairly obvious.

Last night I spent half the time in the main channel and once the server was seeded up I spent the rest of the time in an Admin channel for various reasons. We all have reasons for using private channels at times and that's fine.

Summing up it's simple, lets strike a balance between personal preferences and doing what's best to build our community and strengthen it. No one is saying it has to be all the time and its certainly not mandatory, we should never have to mandate community building.

(Apologies, the post would have been more elegany but I'm on my phone)
                        Lol you said it so much better than I did this is why you are Game ODIN
                        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X