Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] New server settings test 18/11/2013

Ladies and gentlemen,

Based on your feedback and observation we are now entering the next test phase of the TG BF4 server.

We have returned the HUD and Minimap. The HUD returns for various reasons not least the issues with discerning the level of vehicle damage when operating one. The Minimap is there to return the compass and enhance squad cohesion and also provide an indication of 'out of bounds', most importantly for those that use air vehicles. However minimap spotting is off for now. We want to facilitate teamwork, however we also want to test the lack of a magic third eye where enemies are pointed out to you and can be tracked without you ever having seen them. We know it affects some recon kit but we believe that still feeds the main map and that all Commander effects work as normal. Time will tell.

Health is back up near vanilla/stock settings to mitigate long barrel guns, DMR's and vehicles, whilst still being slightly more punitive for people who want to run around in the open without a care in the world.

Respawn and revive is now set at 125% which is the limit we can go to in our current ranked setting. That setting has been on and off since release due to patches constantly resetting it.

Feedback

Ideally in some ways this would be a 'blind taste test'. We would simply ask you to get on the server and test, tell us how it plays etc without getting bogged down in the math of this setting vs that setting. After all that is what games are all about, the playing, not the math behind the curtain. However, in view of the very detailed feedback you gave us as a result of the Hardcore test we wanted to address some of the concerns upfront and share some of the detail with you, despite a fear that it may color the results of testing.

In return we ask you to not be tempted to provide conjecture, to get on the server and get some games under your belt with your friends playing in a TG manner and give us informed feedback. Feedback based on multiple rounds of play where you have tried things out and viewed the results impartially, imagine you are playing a brand new game. Kneejerk reactions are worthless as feedback and not befitting an intelligent, mature, knowledgeable and highly skilled community. Bring your A game to the feedback as you would the server, that's how we get a 'win' all round.

Thanks for your time and patience, now get on the server and tear it up!

Cheers

Wicks
    Last edited by Wicks; 11-18-2013, 03:39 PM. Reason: typos, typos everywhere

Re: New server settings test 18/11/2013

To clarify, is vehicle health slightly below vanilla also or only infantry health?
    TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

Vehicle health is untouched at this point if I recall correctly but I will check.

Comment

So does RELOAD FULL MAGS Off mean that when you reload it comes from your "ammo pool" and that a 1/2 used clip is filled up to full with none wasted when you reload? Thanks.
        Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

I will gladly give my feedback as an outsider (pub) when i get infront of the pc if im allow of course.

PS: Hope the regen health is not on for vehicles...never like that ingame.
          Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

Minimap spotting off is not working ? People are appearing on the mini map.
            If Mini Map spotting is set to off ,,How does that work ,Am I missing something ?
            Shouldn't there be no enemies spotted or appearing on the Mini map ?
            At least that is what I would assume.
            Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

These changes sound like the direction I would like it to go. Just hope the mini-map spotting can actually be turned-off. I'm surprised DICE is actually allowing these type of server settings.

Comment

I ran recon with TUGS, MAV, and recon balls. Enemies DID appear on the min-map when detected by those devices.

Comment

Assume Mini Map is for Navigation only.. Not as a Radar for Baddies...

P
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                  ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
                    I ran recon with TUGS, MAV, and recon balls. Enemies DID appear on the min-map when detected by those devices.
                    That might actually be useful. Gives those items value and limits them to use only by the kit that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
                      Assume Mini Map is for Navigation only.. Not as a Radar for Baddies...

P
                      I would hope so too but that doesn't appear the case. Either it is Not working on the off setting or you can still be spotted is certain ways ? ( BOOO)
                      Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Originally posted by marpla78 View Post
                        I will gladly give my feedback as an outsider (pub) when i get infront of the pc if im allow of course.

Hi Marpla,

Glad you found TG. I and many others here much prefer the term guests on the server as opposed to "pubs". Welcome aboard. If you like what you see and you agree with the primer than you are a TGer. Supporting membership is nice but not necessary to be one of us.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
                          I like this, otherwise you can basically remove the aggressive recon from the game.

Update: played a few minutes and absolutely LOVE the current settings!
                          Last edited by MDawg77; 11-18-2013, 07:38 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Originally posted by marpla78 View Post
                            I completely agree with this, except I kinda wish there was a way to have it enabled for jets only. In BF3, almost every level had a safe place to land and repair, but there are a lot of levels in BF4 where there is either nowhere that a plane can be landed (Dawnbreaker) or no landing zone that is out of the enemy AA's line of sight. You are essentially forced to pick the extinguisher, and you only get one good run before you have to spend the entire game avoiding anything that can hit you, because you're always running at ~25% HP. If only there was some way to have a "safe airspace" where jets repaired slowly even in HC.

Either way, that's all just wishful thinking. I very much prefer no HP regen for tanks, boats, jeeps, and choppers, and it's definitely not worth turning on just for jets.

To get back on topic, I'm actually enjoying this new test a lot. The damage feels really good - enough time to react if you're playing smart, but low enough that ambushes are usually a guaranteed kill. Needless to say, having the HP and ammo UI back on improves vehicle gameplay, and it's also my opinion that it makes infantry more fun, as well.

I'm curious to see what it'll be like without minimap spotting, but it looks like that's bugged right now. Either way, the number of squad leader TKs and accidental landmine discoveries seems to be way down, since it's possible to determine friend from foe with the minimap, not just the buggy doritos and landmine markers.

Honestly, the only thing I'd change is the mag reloading. I know that both options are kinda meh, but I personally preferred the full-clip reloading. Forced a bit more strategy, especially in LAVs and choppers. Also made support players more useful, without completely crippling the other roles. But that's all just opinion. I'm quite content with things as they are right now, and I'm particularly happy that the UI is back on.

Comment

I like the settings as they are. 90 health is actually kind of noticeable vs. 100, but in a good way. I had some fun rounds today.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X