Bf4 on console

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf4 on console

Just a random fun post. My son got his xbox one the other day and I was floored at what it does in game.
    He literally can say "medic" in his mic and it will prompt his avatar to request a medic..... Same with ammo, orders, etc. that's pretty dang slick.

And DICE didn't leave out console players either. He gets random crashes as well as no sound on the same maps we do :)

This next gen is pretty impressive. He plays on a 32" LCD TV and it looks comparable to PC settings on high.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Bf4 on console

Well, its nice to see the consolers getting the same crappy release we do lol. I bet if THEY complain they will have a patch within a weeks time. Damn developers.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Ven, does he play multiplayer? If so, when he says "Xbox, medic" does everyone in his squad hear him, too?
      |TG|Melee
      Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

I wish we had those call out functions, pretty sweet. I'm just not fond of this commo rose system, I still think BF2/2142 had the best.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
          I wish we had those call out functions, pretty sweet. I'm just not fond of this commo rose system, I still think BF2/2142 had the best.
          I agree ^

Only thing I'm happy with about the next gen. consoles are that they are built on a x86 system, so they're just mid level PC's......means there won't be anymore "console ports" that make our lives hard.
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

To me, a console port was more about controller support versus keyboard/mouse that usually screwed a title.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
              To me, a console port was more about controller support versus keyboard/mouse that usually screwed a title.
              it was that, but also the graphics that suffered, and just game mechanics sometimes.
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                it was that, but also the graphics that suffered, and just game mechanics sometimes.
                The UI though still suffers and always will suffer as long as consoles are operated with gamepads... just look at BF. The UI is a mess. It could be so much more efficient if it was made for mouse and keyboard. That there is no quick weapon selection with a drop-down menu in the main spawn screen annoys me a lot for example. It is not as bad as in BF3 though. But still.

That speech command thing is very interesting though. Why does the PC version not have that option? You could use third party software for the speech recognition and let the game do the rest. (I assume BF4 does not make the speech recognition itself but rather some underling XBox One software.)

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post
                  Ven, does he play multiplayer? If so, when he says "Xbox, medic" does everyone in his squad hear him, too?
                  Yep. Pretty slick
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

In vehicles the kinect works like trackIR right? Freelook is controlled by your head?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                      In vehicles the kinect works like trackIR right? Freelook is controlled by your head?
                      Hmmm I dunno? Guess we get to try and see lol. I'll let you know

Comment

I checked out BF4 on Playstation 4 at a friend's house the other night. On a 120 inch screen through an HD projector, with a 7.1 surround sound system, to boot. (He's got a home theater in his basement). Visually, it looked pretty good and on par with PC, I would say. He's got the Xbox 360 version as well and the PS4 version blows it out of the water, visually.

However, the same issues on PC and Xbox One exist on PS4 - random crashes, no sound, etc. I got alot of rubberbanding and lag too, which has been an issue for a minute with Conquest mode on PS4. I guess they finally fixed it, according to my buddy's Facebook post tonight. But it was pretty cool though. You can physically tilt the controller left or right to peek around corners - just like how we use right click on the mouse to peek on the PC version. I did absolutely horrible though in the few rounds I played. haha. Playing it with a gamepad/controller was so foreign to me, since I'm primarily a PC/mouse-and-keyboard guy when it comes to Battlefield.
                        |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTlK...e_gdata_player
                          Video from jackfrags, he goes over what can be done with the kinect and voice commands.
                          sigpic

Comment

What map is that?!

Comment

Never mind - realised its Oman. Stormy.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse