X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak Channels

Hey team,

I apologize if this has been talked about before but I'm currently a late nite player due to school and work. and I was wondering if it would be possible to add a channel to TS. Back in BF3 we had a dedicated channel for pub raiding, and I have alot of fond memories playing with the guys I would meet during a pub raid, and our lack of a channel dedicated to this makes it difficult to find people to play with during my hours. This could be another reason for people to actually sign into the server and be brought into our community better. I would really appreciate this sort of tool be added to help facilitate gaming with like minded individuals.

sigpic

Re: Teamspeak Channels

Temporary channels can be created by anyone. As pub raiding is (hopefully) a rare occurrence, anyone can create a temporary channel for that purpose.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
      Temporary channels can be created by anyone. As pub raiding is (hopefully) a rare occurrence, anyone can create a temporary channel for that purpose.
      Myself and Britt go pub raiding most nights; usually we just end up using the World of Tanks channel or w/e.

Comment

Yeah we won't be setting up permanent channels to facilitate people playing on other servers, for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
          Yeah we won't be setting up permanent channels to facilitate people playing on other servers, for obvious reasons.
          Even when the TG server is dead for the majority of the US night?
          Un Equipo de Trabajo Para Bien de Todos

Comment

There is an easy solution to a quiet server, do what committed Community Members do and seed it and get it going. Weird, we used to do this everyday for the PR BF server, get it started Euro hours so it was rocking before the early US players arrived.

Comment

There is an easy solution to a quiet server, do what committed Community Members do and seed it and get it going. Weird, we used to do this everyday for the PR BF server, get it started Euro hours so it was rocking before the early US players arrived.
              In fairness, some players are more casual than others and will only be in game for a round or two; with the VOIP in game being so shoddy they make be looking for somewhere to get on VOIP for a quick couple of rounds rather than spending the short time they do play on an under populated server.

Most evenings the TG server seems to be full however (US time).

Comment

That's a good point to be honest and one I understand, I get limited game time myself with the other stuff that needs doing round here.

I think all I am trying to say is that a thriving Community requires give and take on everyone's part, Admins and players, a bit of selflessness. I get on and seed every day that I am available to play (rl constraints not withstanding). Not because I have a vested interest but because I've done it before and seeding goes super fast if a few people work together. What we're not going to do is actively promote or facilitate playing on other servers, sorry, but it's pretty obvious why and I am suprised people asked, or perhaps I'm not sadly. This isn't something I've just come up with, it's standard for TG for blindingly obvious reasons.

If people are determined to do this they can figure out solutions themselves, as Damonte has mentioned, members can create temp channels. I ask that you don't drag other people who are trying to support the server and community with you as it defeats the work seeders and Admins are doing and is somewhat selfish to be frank.

Comment

Seeding the server for 45 minutes(or indefinitely) at 2AM PST in my precious spare time is not something I'm going to do, regardless of how committed a community member I am. I'd rather fly the flag on another server and put the presence out(and maybe pick up a new recruit or two) while actually getting to play the game. But that's beside the point.
                  Un Equipo de Trabajo Para Bien de Todos

Comment

This isn't something I've just come up with, it's standard for TG for blindingly obvious reasons.
                    We had 2 pub raid channels for BF3. I'm curious why the standard wasn't adhered to there? My own personal experience from those channels is most nights the core BF3 players here would gather on other servers and when we hit critical mass we all moved to the TG server to seed (and it quite often seeded really quickly). The server would, otherwise, have gone unseeded. So despite "obvious" reasons it's not obviously a bad thing.

Comment

Yeah a lot of things were done in BF3, mostly to cater to players who asked for things like resource to go and play elsewhere. It was not a standard for TG servers,ever, more a symptom of a wider problem than a good decision in creating the channels. The BF3 server suffered with population problems for a great deal of time. I think the link is pretty obvious, don't you. If people don't wish to seed that is fine, it's a choice.

Comment

I think the link is pretty obvious, don't you.
                        Actually, no. Correlation is not causation and it's easily argued that the pub raid channels are what led the BF3 server here to be used at all.

Comment

I am sorry but I can't even be bothered to respond to that nonsensical statement. I could but in view of your position its time I don't wish to waste. Long story short, no, we won't be officially providing resource so people can communicate when playing elsewhere. However we have no intention of stopping people playing with fellow members and using a temp channel to do so, thank you for your support.

Thread closed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X