This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder about the MAA, and Firing TO and/or from the UCB

The MAA (Mobile Anti Aircraft) is to be used as, drumroll... a Mobile Anti AIRCRAFT. Not as a MIK (Mobile Infantry Killer) or PTV (Personal Transport Vehicle) where you use it to flag hop all over the map. Sure, you can DEFEND yourself if under attack by infantry or vehicles, but seeking out and patrolling the map for infantry and vehicles is prohibited.

I bring this up after watching the server, in Spectator Mode, for several hours Monday night and saw many TG taged players misuse the MAA. I even saw MAA's ignore enemy choppers flying right by them in order to hunt down infantry two flags way. We sent out warnings, but TGers having read the rules and played on our servers should know its proper use. Visitors will be informed, and then warned, killed, kicked etc.

Also keep in mind that the MAA is mobile for a reason, and should not be used while sitting in the UNCAP firing out at enemy targets. Move out of the UCB, find good cover, and then target enemy AIRCRAFT. This misuse was also noted Monday night and must cease or be dealt with by an admin.

Just a reminder, please use the vehicles, and aircraft, according to their intended use as per our rule set.

Thank you for your cooperation.

-Zip

:icon_frow
    |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
    sigpic

Re: Reminder about the MAA, and Firing TO and/or from the UCB

Might I also suggest you move close to a flag to make sure you aren't out of bounds? Some of the maps have stupid boundaries so if you are close to a point there is no question you are "in play"

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

You can outfit the MAA with anti vehicle rockets to make it a more hybrid AA/AT vehicle, which is what I do. I still attack aircraft primarily of course but it becomes a decent anti vehicle weapon as well if you use the rockets.

How is that not its intended use?

Comment

If you are going to do that then why not take a tank or IFV? Using the AA without radar missiles makes it much less effective for it's primary mission, AA. The main gun is not good enough as a stand alone threat against air, IMO. I have had it unlocked for a while. The radar missiles keep most things out of the air especially when vehicle health regen is off.

Comment

Beside the AA at this point of the game is a little OP mainly against air vehicles you have to deal with the guys that stay out of bounds for the enemy team (inside the base) on Zavod and Lancang most of the times making really hard to get them on the ground.

Well i used the AA i Hainan with a TG squad, we were holding C from the enemy team on B and A as i told by the SL, i guess this will not change, people will continue using this tool for vehicles and infantry, doubt this change.
          Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marpla78 View Post
            Well i used the AA i Hainan with a TG squad, we were holding C from the enemy team on B and A as i told by the SL, i guess this will not change, people will continue using this tool for vehicles and infantry, doubt this change.
            It will change and I'm sure those wearing the TG tag will enforce the rule for all. Like we are supposed to. (Lead by example)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post
              It will change and I'm sure those wearing the TG tag will enforce the rule for all. Like we are supposed to. (Lead by example)
              What happend when you have infantry fighting the AA, you wont shoot them because of the rule?...just asking because i see a lot of future problems with this particulary one, seems a tricky one to apply.

Just my 2 pesos.

FYI i follow the rules in all the servers i play, when im on your server i squad up, follow orders, give orders, work with the squad.
              Still dont get the people that joins and argue with the admin about some rule...just dont play it if you dont like, "their server, their rules...simple".

sigpic

Comment

Where is this rule posted? How is one supposed to interpret kill an infantry out of self preservation with killing infantry to kill infantry? Seems like a waste of time to police this. Now if you wanted to talk about the dual engineer invincible Little Bird, I'm game for that.

Comment

This is somewhat map dependent too. The AA on Hainan and Paracel spawns in the middle of the map, so it might get mixed up more in the frontline then it would on Golmud or Lancang.

Personally because its so good at its intended purpose I like to keep it back farther.

Comment

Originally posted by jb4 View Post
                    If you are going to do that then why not take a tank or IFV? Using the AA without radar missiles makes it much less effective for it's primary mission, AA. The main gun is not good enough as a stand alone threat against air, IMO. I have had it unlocked for a while. The radar missiles keep most things out of the air especially when vehicle health regen is off.
                    I strongly disagree. The main guns are incredibly powerful and have infinite range. If you learn to lead your target properly it is very easy to take down any aircraft without even overheating the guns. The AA missiles are useful yes but they are almost overkill.

The problem with MAA is that it's quite overpowered against aircraft right now due to its range and unless you have a whole squad trying to take your MAA down, you will quickly run out of air targets to shoot at, which means you'll be focusing on ground targets.

That's why I swap the AA missiles for Zuni rockets on my MAA, because I simply do not need the AA missiles since the main gun is more than enough.

Comment

What happened when you have infantry fighting the AA, you wont shoot them because of the rule?...just asking because i see a lot of future problems with this particulary one, seems a tricky one to apply.
                      What zippy and Todd meant was that, if you are using the AA, you should not be primarily trying to snipe infantry off of a flag with the main gun that aren't engaging you. Sure, if there coming after you go kill em'! But the AA vehicle should not be mainly used as an infantry dominator.

mdawg: I don't think it needs to be posted, the MAA should be used for its primary purpose. And it is easy to tell what targets are self-preservation....The infantry on the other side of the map (that often just get spammed with the main gun) are not immediate targets. The infantry in front of you on the flag closet to you, are.

About the uncap rule: As discussed last night in game/TS, the person driving the MAA cannot see where there UCB line is, so I would suggest the first "call out" should be letting them know their in the uncap (as this happened to a TG player last night since he had no idea he was in his uncap, he thought he was out) he than moved his MAA out, which any tagged person should have done. All nice and polite-like :p

The MAA should be used for Aircraft (primary) and immediate threats (secondary, such as a close flag with enemy infantry and vehicles, not the flag across the map)
                      should not be used as a mobile dooms-day vehicle
                      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I agree that anyone in the MAA not use it to just kill infantry. I witnessed last week on the Transmission map one individual using it to fire down into C flag area just to kill infantry. They didn't even bother to come down to take the flag. Too bad the designers didn't make the MAA so the guns didn't elevate down so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post
                          I strongly disagree. The main guns are incredibly powerful and have infinite range. If you learn to lead your target properly it is very easy to take down any aircraft without even overheating the guns. The AA missiles are useful yes but they are almost overkill.

The problem with MAA is that it's quite overpowered against aircraft right now due to its range and unless you have a whole squad trying to take your MAA down, you will quickly run out of air targets to shoot at, which means you'll be focusing on ground targets.

That's why I swap the AA missiles for Zuni rockets on my MAA, because I simply do not need the AA missiles since the main gun is more than enough.
                          I agree agree with this point.

To add some additional food for thought. Take maps like Zavod (choppers only), heat seekers are completely unnecessary against little birds and transport choppers. I also suspect that under the new patch we'll be increasing vehicle spawn time...A hybrid load-out is the only thing that makes sense.
                          Shhhh I'm being made

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post

About the uncap rule: As discussed last night in game/TS, the person driving the MAA cannot see where there UCB line is, so I would suggest the first "call out" should be letting them know their in the uncap (as this happened to a TG player last night since he had no idea he was in his uncap, he thought he was out) he than moved his MAA out, which any tagged person should have done. All nice and polite-like :p
                            Actually you can allways see where the uncap is if you press the map key and bring up the big one. Glad he moved it from the uncap but again you can allways check the uncap limits.

sigpic

Comment

Actually you can allways see where the uncap is if you press the map key and bring up the big one. Glad he moved it from the uncap but again you can allways check the uncap limits.
                              If you bring up the map, you cannot see your teams uncap, you can only see the enemy teams. Tested last night.
                              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X