Shanghai Map - Can we try again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shanghai Map - Can we try again?

Any chance we can give it another shot since there have been some patches and it may resolve the issues at launch? I tried the map on another server and didn't have problems.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Re: Shanghai Map - Can we try again?

Absolutely, I'll add it today, please report any problems asap once its back in rotation.

Comment

I second this.

Comment

Thanks much, Wicks!

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Sweet!
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Nice! Another map in the mix is definitely welcome.
            Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

It shouldn't be added back in for a retry until there is a client patch.

I'd say at least 20% of the playerbase has lockup/crash issues on that map only.(I am part of that group - I know AMosely is too) So it may not affect most people but it is a very noticeable amount. You'll see a larger than normal drop when the map loads and admins can see a much higher frequency of leaves/joins as players lockup and try to come back only for it to happen again.

Examples:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...5219044742347/
              http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...5670177472748/
              http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...5219562359860/
              https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread....light=shanghai
              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Well if not Shanghai how about Rush or Obliteration?

A mix up of game modes might make for a fresh experience.
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Personally, I think TG should focus on trying to improve and get down pat the primary game mode before adding others. Mixed mode seems like the kind of thing you want to add if things have gotten seriously stale. Plus, honestly a lot of people find the server for whatever it's currently playing and when a map mode comes up they don't like, they're gone.

Last, Rush to a certain extent but Obliteration particularly are designed for lower player counts than Conquest Large.

Comment

I hate what you like

:)
                    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Hmm, sorry guys, Mantis is right. In my haste to get the map on the server and 'give the people what they want' as it were, I broke one of my cardinal rules, "measure twice, cut once".

It does appear that the 'Shanghai crash' has not been resolved by the recent server updates, judging by the feedback on various forums and continuing crash reports. As such it can't go back into the rotation at this time.

A client update is tentatively scheduled for approx 2nd Dec 2013, let's hope this include some measures to alleviate the problems relating to this map.

Again, apologies, wishful thinking on my part, sorry for the disappointment.

As regards the other game modes. As originally stated the primary game mode on the TG server will be large scale conquest as it arguably provides the type of gameplay we are looking to foster. Adding other modes into the rotation on a regular basis would potentially detract from our efforts to bring our gameplay up to the standard we all expect of TG. That being said perhaps we can provide some themed/event nights, we have discussed this before in the Admin Team. I'll relight a fire under that conversation with the team and see what we can come up with. A little variety now and again could be fun. How does that sound?

Comment

Sounds great...a few event nights would be sweet with different modes to test them out.
                        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X