Client Patch Coming Next Week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client Patch Coming Next Week

We are verifying the upcoming PC patch and making sure it is good to go. We are aiming to get this patch out the week of Dec 2. Right now, we don’t have a set date for it, but here’s what it will include. Stay tuned for more updates in the Battlefield 4 Control Room.

PC Game Update Notes
    -Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
    -Fixed the audio bug where audio sometimes randomly dropped out while playing on certain multiplayer maps (typically Golmud Railway and Hainan Resort)
    -Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times
    - Fixed a common crash that would occur when exiting from the Single Player Campaign to Main Menu
    -Tweaked the network and computer performance screen to show proper values. Players can now test their computer and network connection and get recommendations if they need to adjust something to improve their gameplay experience.
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...63140123/last/

Re: Client Patch Coming Next Week

All good stuff. The EMP blur in particular is bad. Sometimes it actually makes me queasy.

Comment

-Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times
      Man, I really hope this is truly fixed.

At first I thought the game was just not giving me enough of a feeling of bullets hitting me in certain situations.

I could see a guy unloading but it felt like none of the bullets were hitting and I would just drop dead. Then I realised that it was because of this bug, and in fact it was 1 bullet hitting me, with massive dmg.

I like their use of the word occasionally as well... This bug happens more than most would call occasionally, lmao.

I'll definitely be glad to see this one fixed. Some nice fixes in general.
      It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
      - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
        All good stuff. The EMP blur in particular is bad. Sometimes it actually makes me queasy.
        Agreed lol
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I might have to duck for cover after saying this, but I wonder if the removal of this bug might necessitate retesting the health % settings. This bug is a VERY big deal. The testing I saw had it happening every 3 head shots.

Originally posted by Finestyle View Post
          Man, I really hope this is truly fixed.

At first I thought the game was just not giving me enough of a feeling of bullets hitting me in certain situations.

I could see a guy unloading but it felt like none of the bullets were hitting and I would just drop dead. Then I realised that it was because of this bug, and in fact it was 1 bullet hitting me, with massive dmg.

I like their use of the word occasionally as well... This bug happens more than most would call occasionally, lmao.

I'll definitely be glad to see this one fixed. Some nice fixes in general.

Comment

It's live.
            Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
              It's live.
              So are the China Rising maps.

Comment

Yep, out now... fixes a lot of things, including the sound issues, (which really, minus a couple of after game lock ups... is the only thing I had tech wrong with BF4)... also the first expansion is out, China Rising... haven't played it yet, but some of the ribbons/medals seem to add some very cool vehicles. Hope the maps are better then the release maps, which I thought were sub-standard for BF.

Also, When I updated, it wiped my friends list, if I had you on my Origin/BF friends list, for some reason I lost all but 5 friends... so add me back please IF you play BF4 or Rivals on PC. Magnum50 This happen to anyone else?

thx. See you on the battlefield.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I'll update the server as soon as I get home, woot! :-)

Comment

actually, it was just pointed out to me that it's for premium members only, officially out for all in 2 weeks... not sure what TG's policy is on that, but I'll be playing it for sure.
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Blast, forgot that. Hmm. Wait out, no decision made as yet. Will update as this has been discussed but I want to double check.

Comment

not that anyone asked me, but personally I'd wait until the China Rising pack is individually purchasable in a couple of weeks. That way if someone with the basic version comes into the server and gets kicked out because they don't have they map, they curse at us briefly and then can decide to pay 10 bucks or whatever rather than 30-50.

Also, it has the advantage of having a fraction of the initial new map goof-off sessions happen off server, and allows EA to deal with the inevitable instability that at least one map will have.

That said, I am fully in favor of the server fully implementing expansions to the extent the admins think they fit in with what TG hopes to accomplish. I think the variety offered by new maps, even mediocre new maps, will be worth it.
                        Last edited by Zoraster; 12-03-2013, 11:42 AM.

Comment

slideshow of screens... I like them, bigger, better... good for snipers and tankers... which can be good and bad...

http://s768.photobucket.com/user/Mag...lideshow/bf4cr
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

EMP BLUR FIXED

ONE-HIT KILL BUG FIXED

CHINA RISING MAPS

GUYS! I AM EXCITE!

|TG|Serafiel - Pfälzer Wolf
                            "For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother"
                            - King Henry V, Shakespeare's "Henry V"

Comment

One of the new maps, has the same sound issue as that other one with issues.
                              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X