Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have failed, because you have failed me!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have failed, because you have failed me!

OK, put on your imagination hat, and picture the scene of me walking down the barracks holding a donut that I found in one of your lockers giving this speech... their, ready? ;)

(Posted in truth but fun, since it's just a game after-all... I'm not really pissed just want to explain my POV.)

I have a goal in BF4, to be the number 1 Commander in the world... I've already made it to the Div 1 for Commmander mode in the Leaderboard. I have already unlocked 1 of 4 Commander Medals, and close to 2 others, leaving me with one that appears out of reach, why... because YOU have failed me. Not all of you, most of you. Usually I have 1, maybe 2 squads that accept my orders and follow my over-all plan, most others do not.

So... help me reach my goal, when I am Commander... PLEASE accept my orders, (I don't think you have to follow them, just accept them with the menu (Q) key.) But also, my strength with all these games is not on the battlefield where you kids out shoot and out react me... I'm old, or at least getting there. ;) But I do know a thing or two about basic tactics and over all strategy.

You'll notice in the screens below, that all the dotted lines are orders the the squads have NOT accepted, so in doing so, pretty much doing their own thing. The solid line is the squad(s) that have accepted my orders and are working with me, so you will see that I give them every asset that becomes available.

Also note, that every map has a list on the left of the capture points, next to each is the asset the commander gets if WE hold that. Many times it is the ones in the middle, or hardest to hold/control. For those I usually order multi-squads to it, so support your other squads.

When I start a match, I look at our home base, and then work to capture and hold everything up to the center map/line, the goal is to capture and hold the high value capture points, while keeping the enemy out of our rear, so I will allow the enemy the nearest capture point to their home base, so we can keep them bottled up and contained, yet, you'll see a number of squads, broken lines, NOT capturing or holding what I order, but out in enemy territory, and then we get surrounded and start losing capture points, then I have to send the 1 or 2 squads obeying orders all over the map.

So, follow orders from your Commander, because almost every time the majority does, we win, when you don't we usually lose... I got the stats to prove it.

Thank you... now, you have failed me because I have failed to motivate some of you... next time we have this meeting their will be soap in a towel. ;)

thx.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: I have failed, because you have failed me!

Note the following: You should always verbally tell the SL that he just received a new order! Without the minimap I constantly miss, when I get a new order and will only notice it when opening the commo rose again - which I do every once in a while to check if I have missed a new order. If you don't tell me I got a new order I will most likely only notice it a few minutes late. The same probably holds true for every other squadleader.
    With the minimap enabled it is very obvious when you got a new order because you see the dotted line on it. Without... another reason why no minimap is suboptimal.

btw.: I wish there was a "request comms" option for SLs to ask the commander to talk to them.

Comment

There is a request orders... and some TG'ers use it when I'm too busy to see their available.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Sure, but request order does not mean "I need to talk to you". Maybe I want to talk to you to request a missile strike or what ever, and don't even need a new order. In fact I use request order every few minutes to make sure the current order is still up to date. But then the commander will in most cases simply renew the order very quickly without me having a chance to talk to him. (not talking about you specifically here - have not played enough games with you as com anyway)

Comment

I've only played a total of three nights now, so I'm still getting my bearing-- I'm just about there, though. I've SL'ed a few times. Late last night was the first time I'd had a CO giving orders. I didn't even realize it until I changed an order away from what he had asked. I didn't even realize that you had to accept the order-- I thought it just changed. That's what I thought made me realize that there was a CO. Where does that show up on the comma rose?

Then after taking that, I asked for further orders over VOIP and chat, but didn't ever get much feedback. But I know that he had been having some VOIP issues because he later asked about it in main chat.

So thank you for pointing this out to us. I'll pay more attention for now on.

While we're on it-- tell me exactly how comms work with CO in your squad channel. Also, does the promote squad thing go with the ability that you select in your loadout? And then each time the squad is promoted, you get the next tier advantage in it?

Comment

That is how it works, yes.

And you can only talk to the CO when he decides to select your squad. He will be displayed as green then and not blue.

Comment

Yep, ya... it's not easy... I usually go through the squads at the beginning of the game and listen, if I hear that squad talking with each other, then I will keep that squad active and assist as needed, if it's a loner in a squad or a squad not working together, I don't even bother... I wish I could see who's in what squad on the CO overhead. I can only talk to the SL, his troops I do not believe don't hear me.

And if someone is NOT accepting my orders I usually jump on their channel and tell them over comms, "follow your orders"; they usually still don't so I forget them.

It's not a perfect system, but it works when people use it.

I posted in another thread, attachment pics that showed what each command did... "Why you should obey your CO" I believe.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Every squad member can hear the CO.

Comment

cool, thx for clarification... all the time I've played I've NEVER heard a commander, and never SL. ;)
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                    So... help me reach my goal, when I am Commander... PLEASE accept my orders, (I don't think you have to follow them

And if someone is NOT accepting my orders I usually jump on their channel and tell them over comms, "follow your orders"; they usually still don't so I forget them.
                    You are actually "failing" the community several times here.

- There is no please in accepting orders
                    - Yes squads have to follow them. See server rules.
                    - No you shouldn't just forget about the squad leaders who ignore you and let them continue to work against our intended environment.

If you want to reach your goal (which we could care less about) then start informing the admin team about the squad leaders who are not following your ruleset. A player dedicated to the command role is quite rare but a potential huge asset for us to help shape the gameplay we desire. While there are some good tips provided here(e.g. relay an order through voip will help make it clear an order was given) in general you are preaching to the choir when you post here. I would assume/hope 99% of your problems are with the public visitors that we need to get into shape. The only way that happens is by informing the admin team so we can warn or remove them. You need to get on TS or start issuing text reports in chat. We want eager and competent commanders but we REQUIRE your help.
                    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

ahh, not sure if understood what I said, but their is no way for me to know who is who as commander.. so i can't "report" anyone.

and I can't be on TS because 90% of the time when I am commander it's on my iPad sitting on the side of the street in my patrol car. ;)

It was a comical open discussion... as admin maybe you should check your tone.
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Isn't there a TS app for iPad?
                        There is one for Android.
                        BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

even if there is, can you use both it and the battlefield app at the same time?

Comment

ahh, not sure if understood what I said, but their is no way for me to know who is who as commander.. so i can't "report" anyone.
                            Type in text that the squad leader of that squad is not following orders. "reporting squad leader alpha for not following orders" We will be happy to remove half the server if need be until you get squad leaders who follow orders. We(admins) will even be happy to send you private in game messages when that lead has been removed so you know to resend orders to the new SL.(I will try to do that at least if I handle the report)

A blunt tone is needed when there is complaints about players not following the rules but the player making the statement is not actively helping us resolve the problem.
                            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by Zoraster View Post
                              even if there is, can you use both it and the battlefield app at the same time?
                              Yes you can, at least I have. You have a mic icon on screen for commander and ts can be set for ppt. I just got another N7 so will try to verify on it over next couple of days.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X