Your least favorite map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your least favorite map

Flood Zone. Looked good on the previews but a leave the server for me when this map rotates in. Any redeeming qualities are over shadowed by the snooze fest that is the roof battle that seems to be the center of attention on this map. Make sure not to fall off the building(s) as it's a pain in the ass getting back up. It only gets worse if you end up in the water swimming from building to building. Like if your capping the flag at the flooded gas station then having to swim to the next point. It's a turd.
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Your least favorite map

I dislike Locker more.
    It's the new Metro.
    When we're playing in the previous map, the squad is coordinating attacks, working together to scout or come from different angles, and having a good time.
    When this map loads in, a few comments from the players mirror everyone's thoughts: "Whatever. Run forward and shoot. This map has almost no tactical possibilities."
    BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

I see locker as a good opportunity to utilise two sqs as a unit. With one providing fire support or cover while the other advances.

The outside is a great spot for this to work.

With one sq using LMGs and scoped rifles covering the advance of another.

Then leap frogging together cover to cover.

Same could be done on some of the doorways/hallways.

That said, I'm a dreamer.
      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Easily, It's Dawn Breaker. Way to much armor, not enough cover :p I would love a sub-urban environment with a lot of armor...more close small buildings, but Over a large area. The only way for "big city" armor fighting, would be to get the WHOLE city, Not just a 1x3 city block squares. Imagine fighting over the entire Manhattan Island....its even got forest combat...with wolves! (central park)

as Cougar said....dreamer :)
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Golmud, hands down. Yes, A&B exist. But on a map with 7 flags, that's just not enough to keep it from being terrible. And the amount of armor on that map combined with how flimsy the houses -- which make A&B fun -- are is disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
            Easily, It's Dawn Breaker. Way to much armor, not enough cover :p I would love a sub-urban environment with a lot of armor...more close small buildings, but Over a large area. The only way for "big city" armor fighting, would be to get the WHOLE city, Not just a 1x3 city block squares. Imagine fighting over the entire Manhattan Island....its even got forest combat...with wolves! (central park)

as Cougar said....dreamer :)
            Trigger the Leveloution event. Suddenly, there is a network of underground tunnels that connects the flags.

Comment

Least favorite are Locker and Hainan Resort. I don't think Locker needs any explanation. Hainan is way too small for 64 and the vehicle count too heavy given the terrain environment. It would of been decent if they opened up the north end of the map and removed the arty + an APC per side.

Originally posted by Zoraster View Post
              Golmud, hands down. Yes, A&B exist. But on a map with 7 flags, that's just not enough to keep it from being terrible. And the amount of armor on that map combined with how flimsy the houses -- which make A&B fun -- are is disappointing.
              Play it for what its trying to be - a vehicle slugfest over mostly open grounds - and I think you'll have more fun. Don't bring just infantry to what is primarily a map designed for vehicular combat:) By that I don't mean "everyone grab a vehicle and do whatever!" - I mean play it combined arms style with coordination like any other BF map. Golmud just is on the high end like Locker is on the low end.
              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I've played a lot of armor on Golmud and have not particularly enjoyed it. I far prefer to play a tank or APC on Zavod, Lancang, or even Rogue Transmission.

Comment

Flood Zone is terrible IMO. The whole dang map is a meat-grinder with the exception of A, which I do love fighting over. Golmund is a close second, I'm not much a fan of vehicle-intensive maps.

Locker is actually really fun with fewer people, we just don't play it like that too often.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Hainan Resort is my least favorite, it could be a lot better if they would have expanded that whole east section, and added another flag, or just some no mans land. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                      Trigger the Leveloution event. Suddenly, there is a network of underground tunnels that connects the flags.
                      Ooooo, I haven't been much in the tunnels....I'll have to try that

One other comment, I think Operation Locker could be very good, you just have to know ALL the routes...there are some sneaky ones. With maybe half the players, it is much more enjoyable as stated
                      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Locker 100%...24/7 Locker+MEtro only servers in the future will be full all day...stat padders and "other" players.
                        Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...