Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asking guests for squad orders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Asking guests for squad orders

    You joined a squad whose leader is a guest. You ask 'squad lead what are our orders?'. Guess what? They don't have a mic.

    Start your own squad a lead by example.

  • #2
    Re: Asking guests for squad orders

    You could also try the commo rose a time or two to give them a chance . :)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Asking guests for squad orders

      Leading by example = good

      Having patience with visitors, asking for orders in multiple forms(voip/text/commo) and being a teacher = good

      not reporting a SL that won't lead/respond to anything = BAD
      |TG-12th|mantis

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Asking guests for squad orders

        Yup that's what I do too. I usually add a "OK guys, well I'm going to start a new squad if you want to join" before I leave though :)

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Asking guests for squad orders

          One frustration that I feel about reporting is that the response is the light hand being taken. What I mean is that when I report someone I almost always try to engage them first on VOIP a few times. By the time I report, I'm pretty sure this guy is ignoring me or has his sound turned off or something. So when I report a couple of times and then only get an easy to miss warning in the chat box to the player, it's kind of frustrating. By the time I actually get him kicked, it can often by a full round. My other option is to kick him from my squad after reporting, but my worry there is that he'll just continue to do his own thing without any recourse. I know that sometimes admins spectate and kick. I know that when they're actually in a squad, people get kicked pronto. But otherwise it's been kind of slow.

          I've said it before, but I really believe that "You must follow Squad Leader and Commander Orders" NEEDS to be on the opening screen/description of the server rather than pointing them to our website, which is easily found by 21st century technology (i.e. google). If we had it there, that would be a great way to put people on notice. Telling them to type @rules is nice to go over all the rules we have, but that's already told to them in the screen crawl, and frankly most TGers don't type rules much less new players.

          But the number 1 important thing on this server for any new player is that they need to squad up and play together. That's something they need to do every single game they play, no matter their play style or whatever.*

          The reason these two points go together -- (a) that a light hand is being taken (other than when an admin has first hand knowledge) and (b) we need to have a better description for loading -- is that I think the admin warning after a TG member report can be largely dispensed with if they should know the rules from the load screen.

          And yes, sometimes the load screen loads fast and people don't read it. But I think many or most will at least glance at it.


          *Many of our longstanding rules have actually already been controlled by EA/DICE. UCBs can't be entered, and many make it difficult to fire out of (though obviously some still exist). Bunny hopping is a terrible way to avoid getting killed now. But one thing EA/DICE can never give us a game solution to is instilling teamwork.
          .

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Asking guests for squad orders

            Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
            Leading by example = good

            Having patience with visitors, asking for orders in multiple forms(voip/text/commo) and being a teacher = good

            not reporting a SL that won't lead/respond to anything = BAD
            Well Said mantis


            Zo, If I get feedback on unresponsive players , I give them and admin warning and if they don't respond they get kicked

            If I am in the squad its easy, If they are not in my squad I'll let the reporter know they've been warned if it repeats i need another round of feedback from the reporting player for the kick. This goes to the having patience with visitors point Mantis makes

            Just try and be a patient I know its frustrating , I've kicked dozens of unresponsive or uncooperative players after they have been given fair warning .

            To be honest most of these are because I've discovered them in my squad I don't get very many reports
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Asking guests for squad orders

              Had this happen last night with a player, me and another TG'er (Lion), joined on a fellow, asked for orders a couple times, didn't respond, so I guessed he didn't have a mic. Lion said he would start a new squad, he does, I join on him and low-and-behold, the previous SL with no mic came to the squad. He was a good squad member even without a mic! followed orders and stuck together. This is the ideal situation I think ^
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Asking guests for squad orders

                Yeah. I understand you give them a warning and then kick. The issue is that it decreases the perceived benefit of reporting and allows negative influences to hang around longer.

                I am all for having patience with newcomers -- so long as they're making an effort or at least engaging with me. For example, myPod just posted. He was in my squad last night. It was actually a pretty terrible series of games, yet he enjoyed it a lot. But he had started out doing his own thing because he hadn't realized we do things differently. Is it any surprise? We don't even make an effort to inform players when they log in that the expectations are different other than ask them to read what is the BF equivalent of a EULA agreement (I'm [forgive me] a lawyer and even I don't read those things).

                My point is that the swifter people are removed from the server for not following SL orders, the better our experience will be. When the server is seeding, I understand not wanting to kick people quickly. But at night we sometimes sit 6 or 7 deep in the queue.
                .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Asking guests for squad orders

                  Originally posted by Zoraster View Post
                  My point is that the swifter people are removed from the server for not following SL orders, the better our experience will be.
                  I agree with this but we just ant be that heavy handed (kick with no attempt to real them) in if we want to grow the community and we do
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Asking guests for squad orders

                    definitely. and i certainly appreciate that. i just think for every person you kick out because of being unresponsive, there is going to be another guy who sees that you acted on it, thinks "hey that's cool" and stays because he knows team and squadplay is enforced. And it's not like the other person can't come back after kicked. After all, legitimate players are kicked to make way for supporting members.

                    Anyway, I didn't really mean to get into a thing about this. Other than the Server description which absolutely should be changed, I don't mean to suggest the way you're doing things is necessarily wrong. Just that I've had some frustration with it.
                    .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Asking guests for squad orders

                      Well this seems like my thread!!!!

                      Im a guest and i have to disagree with some the comments here, when i jump on your server i follow the rules and try to stick by your prime (yes ive read that looooong prime) when the TG squads are full by 5 (should be 4 to mix with the guest like me) i jump on other squads or make a new one trying to be a good SL and i think i do my job according to the rules of the server.
                      But the problem is that i think is hard to a guest to have a fair chance when TG members dont follow the orders (yes guys...few times some didnt) or just leave the squad because they join TG full squad, i get it im allways prefer to play with people that i know but im open to new SL, type of players, etc.

                      Ive being kick WITHOUT any warning of TG squads so from that momment i stay away from some of TG members that i know they will do it again and avoid that momment when im talking to myself alone on the squad ;). I know this a big community and it will be with or without me but small details make a huge difference. Give the "guest" or "outsiders" like i prefer to call me a fair chance, i know there is a lot of "rambo" players but when i jump on your server i try to leave the rambo at the door.

                      Just my 2 pesos and thanks for the chance to answer.



                      PS: i joined the community because i had a blast with one SL Desode the first time i jump on this server, if you got to blame someone to let this annoying outsider here blame him ;)
                      Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Asking guests for squad orders

                        Originally posted by marpla78 View Post
                        Well this seems like my thread!!!!

                        Im a guest and i have to disagree with some the comments here, when i jump on your server i follow the rules and try to stick by your prime (yes ive read that looooong prime) when the TG squads are full by 5 (should be 4 to mix with the guest like me) i jump on other squads or make a new one trying to be a good SL and i think i do my job according to the rules of the server.
                        But the problem is that i think is hard to a guest to have a fair chance when TG members dont follow the orders (yes guys...few times some didnt) or just leave the squad because they join TG full squad, i get it im allways prefer to play with people that i know but im open to new SL, type of players, etc.

                        Ive being kick WITHOUT any warning of TG squads so from that momment i stay away from some of TG members that i know they will do it again and avoid that momment when im talking to myself alone on the squad ;). I know this a big community and it will be with or without me but small details make a huge difference. Give the "guest" or "outsiders" like i prefer to call me a fair chance, i know there is a lot of "rambo" players but when i jump on your server i try to leave the rambo at the door.

                        Just my 2 pesos and thanks for the chance to answer.



                        PS: i joined the community because i had a blast with one SL Desode the first time i jump on this server, if you got to blame someone to let this annoying outsider here blame him ;)
                        marpla78 please report any TG tagged member that does not follow orders. For a TG tagged player there are no excuses!!
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Asking guests for squad orders

                          Toddshooter there is no need to report them, just change squad small problem solved.

                          Perhaps is my bad english accent :) :) :) .


                          Like the proverb in spanish (close enough translation) says "courtesy detracts not from bravery".
                          Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Asking guests for squad orders

                            Originally posted by marpla78 View Post
                            Ive being kick WITHOUT any warning of TG squads so from that momment i stay away from some of TG members that i know they will do it again and avoid that momment when im talking to myself alone on the squad ;). I know this a big community and it will be with or without me but small details make a huge difference. Give the "guest" or "outsiders" like i prefer to call me a fair chance, i know there is a lot of "rambo" players but when i jump on your server i try to leave the rambo at the door.
                            I know you are having some issues with VOIP. At least you did yesterday or were you using a laptop while in a moving car with the windows down? Anyway, I would suggest until we can recognize you by your name as being a regular you type the following in squad chat. "Marble is here! Show me the enemies and leave the killing to me!"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Asking guests for squad orders

                              Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                              I know you are having some issues with VOIP. At least you did yesterday or were you using a laptop while in a moving car with the windows down? Anyway, I would suggest until we can recognize you by your name as being a regular you type the following in squad chat. "Marble is here! Show me the enemies and leave the killing to me!"

                              Yeap i was having some issues, perhaps the location is the problem but other people hear perferct, not sure if is the 64 server or me.
                              Im currently testing some issues with my headsets (Astro A50 wireles and Astro A40 wired) with the AStro support community.

                              Gunney to help everyone that have problem to say my name in the correct way lets do this, TG can call me just "MARP".
                              Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X