Destroying Captured Assets?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destroying Captured Assets?

I got a question concerning captured assets: Are players intentionally destroying captured assets (that are not manned at that moment- otherwise it would logically involve a TK) to be punished? We just played a game on flood zone and I downed an enemy transport chopper by shooting out the pilot. It crashed right next to the flag we were guarding and remained intact. I then guarded the chopper as to deny the enemy team access to it. Along came a friendly Recon player and put C4 on it. Before he could detonate it I shot him. After that I wondered whether I had acted correctly. Obviously he was about to harm our team by resolving a disadvantage the enemy team had put itself into. On the other hand I intentionally TKed him as I saw myself forced to due to not having the time to ask him in chat to not destroy the helicopter before he could press the ignition switch.

So basically the question is: Would that guy have acted wrong by destroying the captured asset? The question is not, whether my measure to keep him from doing so was legitimate, because that is the question of "Is TKing legitimate when it keeps your team from being harmed by a friendly", which will be answered in this special case with "yes" or "no" depending on what's the answer to the actual question - namely "Is destroying captured assets ok?".

Re: Destroying Captured Assets?

Originally posted by Evilhardt View Post
    Before he could detonate it I shot him. After that I wondered whether I had acted correctly.
    TKing is NEVER Ok. You were wrong to shoot him.

Comment

Actually I think it is the reverse. The answer to the question "is intentional TKing ever OK on a TG server? would answer your initial question and I think we know the TK answer.

Comment

From the horse's mouth, no intentional TK is ok, ever. End.

Report them, accept the minor inconvenience in the knowledge they won't ever do it again on the server.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
          TKing is NEVER Ok. You were wrong to shoot him.

I expected that reaction... I accept your and TG's take on TKing, though I myself would not agree on that it is "NEVER" ok. But if you say so, I will stick to your "never" rule on our server from now on. But this does not answer my question, which was, if destroying captured assets is ok, or if it is something worth being reported like destroying OWN assets intentionally.

Edit: @ Wicks: So you are saying it is worth being reported. ok.

Comment

people will destroy empty enemy vehicles in order to gain points (at least that showed up in BF3) and tend not to think of how that asset could be used for their team instead. It is more of a fact of life. If you can get it before hand and get it out of there, then do it.

If a friendly kills you in order to destroy the enemy asset you have acquired, then they are completely at fault for Team Killing and also greatly disservice their team.

Also, 'used' vacant vehicles will blow up over time...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

blowing up captured enemy vehicles isn't against the rules. It shouldn't be reported. Best you can do is try to educate (in a friendly way) in chat.

Comment

Are you and Wicks saying different things now?

Comment

I think Wick's was referring to team killing, not destroying empty unused vehicles.
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

While it's definitely a disservice to the team, it's not against the rules and definitely not worth TKing over.

If your intent was to deny the enemy's vehicle, the correct course of action is to either get in the vehicle and use it yourself, or tell your team about it, and if anyone wants it, sit in it (to prevent it from naturally despawning) until they get there.

Comment

Our squad had this opportunity yesterday. We acquired the enemies mortar truck and since we were not running vehicles I had one of my squad hop in and move it back to a position behind our lines. We didn't have to TK anyone and we still denied the enemy their asset.
                      sigpic

Comment

Since there is no mini map and you can not Q-spot a vehicle, there is no way of knowing if a vehicle is abandoned or in enemy hands if it is not where it's suppose to be. So the first thing that would come to an Engineers mind is to blow it up! You can not blame a player for what comes natural for him.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                          Since there is no mini map and you can not Q-spot a vehicle,
                          huh? you should be Q-spotting vehicles constantly! I'm constantly checking my map for spotted vehicles!

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                            huh? you should be Q-spotting vehicles constantly! I'm constantly checking my map for spotted vehicles!
                            +1 to this. I flick my map on and off constantly, and q-spotted vehicles are really, really helpful. This is especially true for vehicles that normally survive by hiding, like the AA and mobile artillery.

I get the feeling, though, that OldGunney means you can't Q-spot empty vehicles, which is true. And they don't show up on the full map, either, so the only way to know they're there is if someone speaks up in team chat.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                              Say WHAT? How are you seeing the Q-spots?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X