Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server set to 50 Slots + Commanders

Ok people,

Server is now set to test 50 slots + Commanders as stated. Looking forward to the feedback, jump on and play!

Thanks

Re: Server set to 50 Slots + Commanders

Awesome! Looking forward to giving it a shot this evening! :)

Comment

Thats a good number, i think it will be better with less people on it.

Feedback incoming.
      Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

Cool,, I will give it a try tonight, at least for a couple matches before I go and get my New Map Fix :)

Looking forward to seeing how this is !
        Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
          Ok people,

Server is now set to test 50 Commanders + 1 slots as stated. Looking forward to the feedback, jump on and play!

Thanks
          Curious.
          sigpic

Comment

Might need to up it back when China rising is fully released though...those maps are huge

Comment

Dont like it, weapons are unbalanced now ;)

Will report back on it. Guys, also make a note of VoIP works better or worse and if the maps preform better.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

VOIP Feedback: Had a squad of 5 running and 3 were using TS. We did notice a SM talking in VOIP and it was clear enough, consistently enough that we switched back exclusively to VOIP under SL orders. However, the VOIP still broke up frequently when used consistently. Did it break up less than before? Can't tell. It was breaking up enough where it was frustrating though.

Comment

Oh sweet! I'll jump on tomorrow and test it out.
                  I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

VOIP actually seemed worse than normal for me tonight, despite running a 2-man squad for my first game. Once we got into a 5-man squad, it was pretty much impossible to hear anything.

I think the VOIP issue is much bigger than anything we can fix by reducing the number of players on the server. If we're going to change the player cap, it should be for gameplay reasons, not as a bandaid for VOIP being awful.

Comment

Its not a bandaid, I merely thought of it after all the first week discussions about VoIP working better with lower player counts. The admins have made no mention of it, I did as an afterthought on a post to test a theory I had read ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I played last night. Golmud, Locker, Zavod, Floodzone and about 1/2 a round of Dawnbreaker (A good night!).

I thought the lower head count was fantastic. There was noticeably more elbow room. Even Locker felt a little less meat-grinder-y with flags going back and forth enough to keep things interesting. It also seemed like there was a much higher proportion of TG people.

It seemed like we had a higher proportion of TG led squads, working under the commanders in a reasonably co-ordinated fashion. I can't comment on if that was the case on the other side, but even the games that had a decent ticket gap at the end were either close for a long time, and on two rounds the side that won started out with bleed against them and had to mount a come-back.

As for VOIP it didn't seem to make much difference. We quickly abandoned in-game VOIP for a TS squad channel. It was more often than not very difficult to hear command orders over VOIP.

Overall a great night of TG fun. Two thumbs way up!

-Z.

Comment

I enjoyed the lower player count. I hope we keep it that way and maybe run a second server for overflow. I'd rather see two servers with 25 on each side than one at 62 and a constant queue.
                          sigpic
                          |TG-1st|Grunt
                          ARMA Admin (retired)
                          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Enjoyed too the 50 slots, i have some questions to TG, what is the plan for the DLC´s, are you guys going to add them to the rotation? put out a new server for those?
                            Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

I must admit, I didn't know how lower player count would turn out but I played six maps total and I got to say I like the feel of it. There actually does seem to be more breathing room and more TG lead squads all in all it's a win for me.
                              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X