Battlefield 4 Conquest Maps Part 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 4 Conquest Maps Part 1

Here is the first 12 of the maps. There are 20 maps total for conquest (10 large and 10 small). There will be another 8 to do with China Rising.

You can find clean versions that you can embiggen here: http://battlefield4maps.tumblr.com/

Paracel Storm

Goldmud Railway

Zavod 311

Hainan Resort

Flood Zone

Dawnbreaker

Maps Left to Do
    1. Operation Locker
    2. Rogue Transmission
    3. Lancang Dam
    4. All China Rising Maps

I still need to clean up the maps above a bit. I'll probably get rid of the UCB markings for Flood Zone, tighten up the borders of some others (like Golmud). The stitching is off in some, but for whatever reason on those maps (like Dawnbreaker and Zavod), they're using different scales and map locations on the map depending on what side you're on, which makes it challenging. But that clean up will probably happen after I get the other maps done. Perfect is the enemy of good.
    Last edited by Zoraster; 12-04-2013, 04:40 PM.

Re: Battlefield 4 Conquest Maps Part 1

A few things I noticed while doing this: Paracel Storm is virtually the same map big and small with a little less armor. Dawnbreaker is the same way.

Most maps have an even amount of armor per side, but Paracel has one fewer Battleboat on the Chinese side, which seems like a pretty big deal, actually.

Goldmud Railway Small is a map I would far prefer to play. It essentially just removes some armor and two of the most boring flags i

Comment

Originally posted by Zoraster View Post
      Paracel has one fewer Battleboat on the Chinese side
      Oooh, pick me! I know this one!

There actually is a second aboat on CN side (on the north shore of the island), but its spawn location is placed in such a way that it's affected by the water/waves nearby, which pushes it slightly closer to shore immediately after spawning. Because it is moved away from its spawn location, it cannot be selected from the spawn menu, but if you spawn into one of the jet skis, you can drive it over to the boat and get in manually.

Comment

that seems like kind of an oversight. I should probably handle that in the map somehow...

Comment

Originally posted by Zoraster View Post
          that seems like kind of an oversight.
          Huge oversight, and I'm honestly shocked it wasn't fixed for the first client update. I suppose it's possible that nobody's reported it yet, but my guess is that they're just busy frying bigger fish.

Mod support please, DICE.

Comment

This is excellent!

I would love to try the less armor on Dawnbreaker and Golmund, however I think your right about Paracel, I think that one would be better left alone. Floodzone looks interesting as well...I'm going to have to find a server running that version and try it out.
            Proud to have been an Irregular!
            |TG-56th| S.Kyle23

Comment

Paracel Large updated with Fex's information. Thanks!

Comment

Lancang Dam Large

Lancang Dam Small

Rogue Transmission Large

Rogue Transmission Small

If you want to see larger versions of the maps you can check out the tumblr and click on the photos to embiggen: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/battlefield4maps

Comment

By the way: one small note about the maps. On a lot of maps, there will actually be multiple fast mover type vehicles for each box. For example, on Paracel Storm, there are like 3 rafts and 3 jetskis on each side. On Rogue Transmission, they have 3 ATVs.

Comment

I like the looks of both of those smaller sized maps...and I think 50 people would be a good amount for them too. It would probably go a long way to righting the balance between armor and infantry as well, but without trying it out I couldn't be certain of that.
                    Proud to have been an Irregular!
                    |TG-56th| S.Kyle23

Comment

So here's my problem with Lacang Dam Small. The Alpha/Charlie flags exist and are great. There's a lot of routes between them, and both are fun to fight over, particularly the Charlie flag.

But the route from either Alpha or Charlie to Bravo, on its island, is really long. And more than that, any approach from one of those flags can be cut off by either team's UCB.

I also think the UCB is going to prove to be awkward. Here are the playing zones for each team:

You're inevitably going to get fighting in and out of the UCB onto the island.

---

Anyway, I think Rogue Transmission is definitely worth a try. It still has four flags, which I think is great. It also means there'll be another even flagged map in the rotation, which in my mind is a good thing.

Comment

I'll second giving even numbered flags maps a try.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X