Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DICE halts development of future projects as it shifts focus to Battlefield 4 issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] DICE halts development of future projects as it shifts focus to Battlefield 4 issues

I guess we have some time now to sort our own house and settings out!

DICE halts development of all future projects as it shifts focus to Battlefield 4 issues
    Last edited by Jeepo; 12-05-2013, 10:58 AM.

Re: DICE halts development of future projects as it shifts focus to Battlefield 4 iss

In all seriousness, I'm actually enjoying this game, on the few and far between occasions I'm able to play...

Comment

Re: DICE halts development of future projects as it shifts focus to Battlefield 4 iss

Good move, similar to what SOE did with Planetside 2, now if Creative Assembly could just learn this lesson with Rome 2 I'd be happier.
      Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon View Post

In all seriousness, I'm actually enjoying this game, on the few and far between occasions I'm able to play...
        That admin should get a cookie.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
          That admin should get a cookie.
          Cookie sent. Wilco.

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

This is more of a PR move than anything. Anyone familiar with game development knows that throwing more people at a problem can very easily make things worse because they aren't familiar with the code or why things were done a specific way, and in this case that course of action makes no sense since the problems are almost all engineering/networking issues.

The comparison to SOE/Planetside 2 is not really appropriate, since what they were trying to do is optimize performance across the board, which requires involvement from all parts of a development team and not just engineers.

They are probably putting some more engineers on bug fixing for BF4 yeah, but they aren't 'halting development'. What are the artists and sound guys going to do? Fix the servers?

Comment

I'm taking programming in college and our professors sent us this lil' read about what happens in situations situations where you try to throw programmers at a problem late in the situation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month

Which basically states this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks%27_law

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
              [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
              [support]

Comment

Good old EA/DICE, back on form.

EA Change tune once stock price falls - "The work being done to stabilize Battlefield 4 does not impact our release schedule for future titles"

Comment

Sure, it's partially a PR move, but at least they aren't in denial. I know EA/Maxim's denials about their server crashes on SimCity's release bugged the crap out of me.

Anyway, i don't think it's that they can add more people, but rather that they aren't pulling off important QA people from bug testing current products and onto the new releases.

Also, to the extent we think that BF4 was "rushed" it can give future expansions a bit more breathing room to make deadlines, though I suspect that work will fill the time

Comment

Originally posted by Zoraster View Post
                    I know EA/Maxim's denials about their server crashes on SimCity's release bugged the crap out of me.
                    Those SimCity issues STILL are not fixed. I can STILL make a city and within an hour have it full of CPU and Computer plants churning out cash like mad. The global market rates still don't seem to adjust properly so even though I'm FLOODING the market with CPU's and computers, the price still never falls. Set it on cheetah mode and come back a few hours later to a couple hundred million banked up.
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                      The global market rates still don't seem to adjust properly so even though I'm FLOODING the market with CPU's and computers, the price still never falls. Set it on cheetah mode and come back a few hours later to a couple hundred million banked up.
                      If only the real world...;)
                      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...