Grenades - Which to use and when?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grenades - Which to use and when?

Do you guys have any tips for grenade usage? I tend to stick with the default frag because I don't know what else to use. Smoke seems pretty useful for aggressive play and moving forward, probably combined with PDW? Are flashbangs useful for CQB? When do you guys use the others (mini/impact/incendiary/flare etc)?

Re: Grenades - Which to use and when?

I prefer the impact. I like to bang them off something so that they explode with minimal warning and time to evade. The mini's are handy as well, just by having 3. That makes up for the smaller blast radius.

-Z.

Comment

I personally use the minis. Here is a video with a good breakdown of the different grenades.

Last edited by HardWind; 12-06-2013, 01:44 PM.

Comment

It is really a question of impacts vs. minis for me. Impact only do 67 damage, so don't one shot kill, but they give very little warning to a player and are thus hard to avoid. Minis you get three of and can throw a long distance. Smoke can be useful, but pretty situational. Flashbangs are virtually useless in their current form. Flares are good if and only if people are going with IR, which people don't seem to do much even though combined with smoke IR can be pretty darn good. Regular grenades do a lot of damage, but don't throw far and can be avoided.

Comment

Depends on the game mode, really. I normally run smoke on Rush offense, incendiary on Rush defense, impact for small-team games like Defuse and Domination, and minis pretty much everywhere else.

Comment

Smoke grenades and a FLIR scope on Locker. Other than that, I run impacts.

Comment

Impacts, unless I'm planning on going all-out revive/heal monkey and I'll take smoke. I'll also bring incendiary grenades if I plan on trying to force a breakthrough into or out of C on Locker, especially the lower level. You can chuck one down, which forces everyone to clear out and then run down the corridor. It should be fading right as you get there but before people can get back into position, which ideally means you pop out with a shotgun in their face. Bring friends.
              I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Im torn between mini and impact. Impact you have to be careful about trying to do bank shots with them cause they might explode early. But they also go off right away as Zo said. No time for the infantry to move.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I only use the non lethal ones, because the other are boring.
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I tried minis a few times, found them wanting. Impact has been my nade of choice.
                    Skud

Comment

Smokes all the way, they're a great way to break through a well-defended position without getting cut up. If I'm not using smokes it's impact grenades.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I generally use 1 of 4 grenades: Mini V40s, Incendiary, Smoke, Flashbang. They all depend on the current situation and what is required. Generally, I stick with the Minis for the sheer number I get at a slight reduction to damage potential and area of effect (versus the Impact). Incendiary grenades are great for clearing small spaces or rooms. I generally use these in a "drive-by" fashion and toss them into tight spaces where I know enemies are before flanking around or passing through to another objective. Smoke grenades come in handy when I need to hide my squads movement or provide a obscuring field to move my squad and/or team through a open space without cover. Flashbangs tend to be used during a hit-and-run or a charge. Typically equipped and use when I'm moving towards or past a heavily contested objective. Usually allows my squad to clear a heavily defended corner or position quickly (or at least give my teammates the chance to push more effectively).
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

There is more than one type of grenade!

Must look into this.
                          sigpic

Comment

Impact, I love being able to control my explosion :)
                            sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
                            [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

I started using smoke alot a couple weeks ago, in some situation its priceless....just trying to cross a flag area sometimes can be detrimental...

And as the fellow said, to blind the enemy :) sometimes I even use it to blind vehicles when there in tight quarters or are too dumb to move
                              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X