Cockroach Squad !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cockroach Squad !

Last night I had some Truly Epic matches !

I want to start off by saying Thanks to the admins for working to balance out the teams better last night
    Grant it a couple of times I finally got into a TG squad and everyone then left me ! Ugg

Anyhow,, At the end of the night, I had this match on Parcel Storm that was one of the Best matches I have currently had on Bf4 !

I was SL for a a Epic group of TG guys.

We took A with the plan of working between A and B,, But A was a None Stop WAR !

Another squad took B so we could focus on A

At one point the enemy held every flag on the map but A and they sent everything they had at Us but the kitchen sink.

3 attack Boats at once and a Squad on the little Island ,, Dual little birds over head raining death from above ! AC130 shooting at us ! ,, Snipers on the radio tower ! Gun runs from jets ! You name it and they were after us !

My squad stayed in there ! Great Comms and in the midst of all that hell raining down on us, they kept in mind who was the last man up and then held a spawn.
    Never once did we get squad wiped from A the ENTIRE match !

Yes,, A was taken form us for a few seconds because of just the shear numbers of enemies there, but we would then clear them and take it right back !

The match ended with a little bird attacking as we recaped A in the last few seconds of the match and the Littlebird crashed on the flag as the Score board said we won ! Movie quality stuff !

At one point someone on chat typed in " It's the Cockroach Squad ! They won't die !" LMAO !

It was Truly a EPIC match that I will Never forget and we held on to win by 44 tickets !
    I was high from that match the rest of the night !

In the last couple days I have had Some Brutal matches, but in the midst of those have been some of the Best Squads that I have ever had the honor to SL for !
    They are TG guys that give no lip and work with everything they got ! They Never give up hope , never let the odds block them from holding their ground. They Make this Game for me !

I Salute you and Thank you all !

Sincerely Desode
    Gamertag 360= DESODE

Re: Cockroach Squad !

By far my most memorable games have come when I go full Cockroach with my squad. Some of the most intense fighting to be had! Love it. I especially like it when I see "Dredge just die already" in chat.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I was in this squad and yes, it was amazing fun. We got ace squad and won 44-0. There was great communication and you were a great SL, Desode. That little bird came crashing down at the end when I shot the pilot out of it, a very satisfying ending to an awesome round.

Comment

Sounds like you guys have found a gaming home... :row__593: Glad to see it.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Cockroach squad FTW!

Just for kicks:

http://emblemsbf.com/emblem-10150.html

Disclaimer: I am colorblind but the internet tells me those are browns. Anyone who wants to improve upon it go ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsieurLeDongle View Post
            Cockroach squad FTW!

Just for kicks:

http://emblemsbf.com/emblem-10150.html

Disclaimer: I am colorblind but the internet tells me those are browns. Anyone who wants to improve upon it go ahead.
            Thanks Dongle ! Those are browns :)
            I may try to work with that at some point in the future !

Desode
            Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

I had one of my best nights a few nights ago playing as the cockroach squad with Dredge. Running across the whole of the map (Operation Locker) and just sitting there destroying whoever came. I think Dredge ended up getting 50+ kills that round.

As well as showing off his amazing ability to jump around corners.
              |TG6|Flarionice
              Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

Originally posted by Flario View Post
                I had one of my best nights a few nights ago playing as the cockroach squad with Dredge. Running across the whole of the map (Operation Locker) and just sitting there destroying whoever came. I think Dredge ended up getting 50+ kills that round.

As well as showing off his amazing ability to jump around corners.
                Hahahaha, you speak of the "peak-a-boo" corner clearing. I have yet to have it work, but it looks cool ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                  Hahahaha, you speak of the "peak-a-boo" corner clearing. I have yet to have it work, but it looks cool ;)
                  There are a couple problems with the "peak-a-boo" corner clearing technique. If you are using the auto lean in game. For one, I dont think I have ever see anyone else actually leaning around corners, like my character does in my screen, so I wonder if it is a client side event only and you are just sliding out into full view. Either way it dont work very well for a couple reasons, it does not lean far enough, and you cant really rely on it since it does not always happen. But mostly because the collision meshes of everything seem to be larger than necessary on what is rendered.

It is a common technique in 3D modeling, to wrap the collision mesh around an object so that the collision mesh is slightly bigger than the rendered mesh, even if by a couple millimeters. It is done this way to avoid clipping events during game play. You will really notice this when firing around corners on Locker, where you can be very close to the wall and creepin' around the corner, clearing it in slices of pie. I have been ADS clearing a corner, seen an enemy at a decent distance, opened fire, visually clearing the corner, and have seen my bullet splashes coming from off the corner, literally off the corner. In my view they are clearly coming from away from the rendered mesh. I also notice this on the buildings around A & B on Railway.
                  theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                  E Pluribus Unum
                  Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I have seen people using the lean, especially on pistol only servers. I don't see it a lot but I have seen it.

I have started to use it more but like you said it is hit or miss most of the time.
                    Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Originally posted by Desode View Post
                      I have seen people using the lean, especially on pistol only servers. I don't see it a lot but I have seen it.

I have started to use it more but like you said it is hit or miss most of the time.
                      Most of the time when I use it (and there actually is someone to shoot) it works pretty well. And they don't seem to get as many hits on me. Also, having seen people do it in game before it does just peek your head over the edge, its not your entire character with it only being a client-based movement. I find that leaning to the side isnt as usual as crouching next to a small ledge and peeking over that.
                      |TG6|Flarionice
                      Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X