BF4 Event Night Sat 14th December 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] BF4 Event Night Sat 14th December 2014

Ok fellow TG Battlefielders, we thought it was about time we had an event night.

As such we plan to run something this Saturday and we'd like your input. What would you like to try? What game modes would you like to see? Would you like to shake it up a bit with mixed mode night, maybe some rush and obliteration? Tell us what you'd like to try and we'll do our best to make it happen.

All suggestions are gratefully received, we look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Re: BF4 Event Night Sat 14th December 2014

I am unable to make this Saturday, works Christmas night out.

I would however like to see a pickem night, a PW night, a inf only night, a air war night, or a different game mode night! :)

Comment

A TG vs TG scrim would be a nice thing to do at some point.

Lets get our new members some bling!

Look---> Read all about the TG awards system, and nominate your team members!

Comment

Like Jeepo said, PICK'EM! :D

I wouldnt mind trying out different modes as I mostly play conquest.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
          Like Jeepo said, PICK'EM! :D
          What is "pick'em" mean :p

I wouldn't mind trying some obliteration, i even got some teamwork on a pub server :) I think it could be epic here. The night can include other stuff too, test out a bunch of game-modes :) I'm very open to such events.
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

YES! THIS!

Let's play some different game modes for sure! Obliteration looks like a lot of fun (bomb carried to detonation point, right?). Rush might be fun as well. Pick 'em is fine if you password the server, otherwise teams get disrupted quickly. One thing for sure, let's make it a requirement (ok, *highly* encourage) that leadership is in team speak so we can get some clear coms and coordination going.

We should also have a "squad with people you don't normally squad with" round or two so we can all meet some people.

Sounds like a good time.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I'd love to see a scrimmage at some point, but I'd prefer to see it as a planned scrimmage (e.g. planning and so forth beforehand) than a pickup game. In the past, this has taken roughly three weeks from sign ups to the game.

But as for an event this Saturday, how about some sort of mixed mode event? As I've stated before, I'm not excited by the prospect of making TG a "mixed mode" server because I think we should push TG as a Conquest community. But I think for one-offs, it'd be fun to see how people approach Obliteration or Rush.

I'll be honest: I'd also love to see IHS vs. IHS vs. IHS vs. IHS in Squad Deathmatch for fun, but that may be more restrictive than you'd like to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoraster View Post
                I'd love to see a scrimmage at some point, but I'd prefer to see it as a planned scrimmage (e.g. planning and so forth beforehand) than a pickup game. In the past, this has taken roughly three weeks from sign ups to the game.

But as for an event this Saturday, how about some sort of mixed mode event? As I've stated before, I'm not excited by the prospect of making TG a "mixed mode" server because I think we should push TG as a Conquest community. But I think for one-offs, it'd be fun to see how people approach Obliteration or Rush.

I'll be honest: I'd also love to see IHS vs. IHS vs. IHS vs. IHS in Squad Deathmatch for fun, but that may be more restrictive than you'd like to do.
                Agreed with you, conquest is the way forward but a special event is a nice change up!

And IHS vs IHS is a natural thing for us to do, maybe just not yet as some IHS's are not up to full quota!

Pick 'em is like you did at school for sport, everyone in TS channel, 2 Commanders, one picks a player, then the other and so on alternating.

Comment

No prospect of mixed mode server, just one off events to have a bit of fun. Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep em coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                    Pick 'em is like you did at school for sport, everyone in TS channel, 2 Commanders, one picks a player, then the other and so on alternating.
                    ahhh gotcha, thanks
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

It's likely going to be a snowstorm night for me, so I'm in, whatever the event is!
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I'm set for Saturday. Whatever we choose will be a lot of fun, and a nice change from regular game play. Mixed mode, or pick em/scrim, either will be great.
                        |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                          No prospect of mixed mode server, just one off events to have a bit of fun. Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep em coming.
                          This is something I have been pondering, but have been slightly afraid to bring up. If someone were willing to pay for said server on their own, could it be folded into the TG community?

Comment

Never be afraid to bring stuff up lol, if it's that terrible put it in CAA or pm me.

As to the question itself. Long story short, no. TG servers are operated and managed by TG. They have proper oversight both technical and administrative etc and the name isn't allowed to be used by third parties etc. Sorry to sound like a poorly educated corporate lawyer, that's just how it is.

Send me a pm or caa if you want to talk more about this stuff, perhaps it could infofm future developments/events.

Comment

Would love to see an event night.

Obliteration is really fun, but to be perfectly honest, it's such a brain-dead game mode that I don't really know how much strategy we can force into it. There is literally only one objective to focus on, and it only takes one guy in an MAA to shut down hail mary plays completely. But hey, might still be neat to try. :D

I would *love* to see Defuse done properly, because I've only experienced it with disorganized pubs and I know it could be a lot better with smart players. Unfortunately, though, I think Defuse might still be buggy. Maybe we could do some late night testing to make sure it's safe before we schedule an event around it?

Apart from that, I'd love to do an infantry-only night. I secretly love playing infantry, but I usually feel like I'm doing a disservice to my team running around on foot when I'm more useful in armor. Would be nice to have an excuse, even if it's just for one night. :D

Since the topic of mixed-mode came up: will adaptive modes ever be considered? I feel like we could get a lot more out of this server if it switched to something like Defuse/Oblit/Rush when there are fewer than 16 players present. Then, when the server picks back up again, it goes back to Conquest. A couple of my other favorite servers do that, and it helps keep 'em populated all night long. Makes it easier to get things seeded the next day, too, since there are usually still some people online playing the smaller game modes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X