Siege of Shanghai added back to rotation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siege of Shanghai added back to rotation

We've added Siege of Shanghai back into the rotation as the most recent update claims to have fixed a lot of the issues.

If you have any issues when playing this map, please let us know.

Thank you.

Re: Siege of Shanghai added back to rotation

Finally. It's actually one of the best maps.

Comment

Yay!!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Nice
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Just 4 crashes on this map so far!!
          sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
          [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

This and Dawnbreaker just don't feel like Battlefield maps to me. I think it's the high rise city setting or the fact that the building tops always seem to be a haven for campers. I'll play it but don't have to like it.
            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
            "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
            - Check me out on The Onion
            - I'm on the local news!

Comment

I do enjoy Siege of Shanghai and Dawnbreaker, but I agree that they both feel really unlike normal BF maps. It's mostly because the level of destruction is so low. One giant pre-scripted tower falling down doesn't really compare to being able to blow up everything.

Comment

Not sure if its just me, but I've gone 6 for 6 on crashing Siege of Shanghai tonight. Its incredibly frustrating.
                |TG6|Flarionice
                Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

I've crashed 3-4 times every time that I've played shanghai in the last hour

Comment

Guys thank you for the feedback and your patience and sorry for your troubles. Despite the promises that the latest patch has resolved issues it appears a significant number of you (we've had TS reports too) are still experiencing problems.

Can I ask you to try running the game in borderless window mode, which is an in-game option, to see if this helps. Myself and some others have found this to reduce our crashing issues on all maps to almost zero. If you could try this and report back it would be very much appreciated. Failing that we will of course remove Shanghai from the rotation.

Cheers and best of luck.

Comment

Played this map for about 30 minutes and crashed once so far, I'll try your suggestion and we'll see if this changes anything!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Just to note I've played Shanghai several times now and no crashes, so it doesn't seem to effect everybody.
                        Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

I've played this map on other servers and it was fine. Then again, nobody triggered the skyscraper collapse - which seems to be the culprit for the crashes. I'll check it out tonight.
                          |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                            Guys thank you for the feedback and your patience and sorry for your troubles. Despite the promises that the latest patch has resolved issues it appears a significant number of you (we've had TS reports too) are still experiencing problems.

Can I ask you to try running the game in borderless window mode, which is an in-game option, to see if this helps. Myself and some others have found this to reduce our crashing issues on all maps to almost zero. If you could try this and report back it would be very much appreciated. Failing that we will of course remove Shanghai from the rotation.

Cheers and best of luck.

I tried playing it in Borderless Window mode to no avail. I still crashed every time I got into the server/loaded the map.
                            |TG6|Flarionice
                            Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

If you were sound loop locking on this map previously like me, try it with the new patch today. I just went through two full rounds without an issue.
                              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X