Lag and stutter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag and stutter

How folks LG here, just wanted to say its great to be back and having a blast in game with you guys even though it seems I am only good for support rolls like dropping ammo /health things of that nature. I have been trying to figure out my issue and am lost. My latency spikes from 30's to 130's but only on TG's server, It reminds me of the great incurable lag of 2142 days. I have tested joining a few other servers and my latency is more stable in the 40's and I can actually hit targets and runs much smoother for me. I dont mind being a good target or meat shield, and would rather play here doing support than owning on a smoother server but I wouldnt mind not dieing so much too :) but that is mostly Dredge's fault ;) Anyway, after being away from a computer for two years I have enough issues to deal with like dumb fingers and just being a tourist ( getting knifed in the back while I drool over something pretty in game ) So just wondering if anyone else had any issue similar to mine. Also, sorry for all the grenades tossed at friendlies, I was only trying to pick up someone's kit lol, stupid fingers!

Re: Lag and stutter

Where do you live?
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

center US

Comment

Lag and stutter

I live in michigan and I believe the servers in Houston, I rarely have any lag. Several things could be affecting this. Your ISP could be routing through some bad switches, or overloaded switches. Also your network smoothing setting in game could be way out of whack.

From your symptoms my money is on a bad network connection
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
          I live in michigan and I believe the servers in Houston, I rarely have any lag. Several things could be affecting this. Your ISP could be routing through some bad switches, or overloaded switches. Also your network smoothing setting in game could be way out of whack.

From your symptoms my money is on a bad network connection
          Unfortunately network traffic can get bad along your path to the server. I play with a higher ping to the server from AZ but usually get decent connections. Sometimes you will get severe packet loss and you cannot get a decent connection no matter what settings you try. This happened to me last night. I just felt out of sync with the server. Other times, smooth as silk. I find the majority of the time the issues are related to those Ven listed above.

Comment

Lag and stutter

I've had simular issues and found (after a month) it was my Xfinity gateway.
            Do a ping test and trace route also a line test and your choke points may reveal themselves.
            Sarcoma.

Comment

I get stutter on TG server off and on.. If I'm on a side with 3-4 players with over a 100+ ping I get it more.
              I have tried just about everything I can think of.
              I have probably 80hrs in trying fixes for this. Problem is it comes and goes on Just the TG server.
              I run around 54 ping on our server which isn't bad but I have times where its very hard to play when stutters come in to play !
              Then of course Sir Dredge with his 16 Ping ! LMAO !
              I try to avoid him at all costs ! HAHAH Seriously I do.

Desode
              Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

In doing some research i found suggestion to : DL the missing direct x files (did that) and then something about unparking your cores (which i know nothing about or if its even safe) and adjusting the network smoothing in settings (did that but it seemed better when I turned it up to 120, I thought 0 was the optimal?) and a couple others. Ill let you all know what seems to work best as I try them. OH! and also something about pasting some .cfg files in the bf4 folder

Comment

FIXED! Went into BIOS and disabled Hyper threading and WALA! Game runs smooth as butter now, better watch out ;)

UPDATE! Well the game runs great now, i can actually hit targets, BUT i have had three sound loop crashes in each of the three games i just played. :(
                  HMM.... I am stumped
                  Last edited by Shane; 12-14-2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Just fyi. From what I have read unpacking cores can give you an increase in cpu temp. Probably not an issue if you have aftermarket cooling though

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X