China Rising - Map Talk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Rising - Map Talk

I'm stuck working ridiculous hours these days to meet a looming deadline... I won't be able to play until next week. How are these maps? Good for TG style play?

Re: China Rising - Map Talk

In my somewhat limited time playing them, I would say yes. In fact I would say they are better suited to us than the original BF4 maps, because they are much bigger. The desert one is a bit spammy, and has little to no cover for infantry, but the rest seem decent! Interested to see the rest of the communities thoughts though...

Comment

The deset one "Silk Road" I think, seems like it should have been orientated with the main bases in the North/South rather than the East/West that they are. Mainly because the entire east side of the map is sand dunes where the tanks own and the West side is made of steppes which at least tip the favor a bit more in the infantry's favor. So you have one team having all of their flags in each type of terrain rather than split. And like the rest of the maps assets are mirrored as asymmetrical layouts seem to be relegated to the rush game mode.

There is a almost entirely infantry based light jungle map, "Guilin Peaks". Each team has a set of transport vehicles with the only weapon platform being a transport helicopter(I can see the recently talked about tactics with this coming into play heavily). At the center of the map are some steep stone peaks with a cave network inside. I think we will see some really great infantry matches on this map. It reminds me slightly of a personal favorite map from the past.

"Altai Range" consists of rolling hills with rock clusters everywhere. Providing decent cover for infantry to move from flag to flag. The map takes on the classic bowl shape this time sensibly broken up with a large hill in the middle of the map. Interestingly on this map most of the heavy vehicles(and there are quite a few of them) are APC type. I think this one will also make for some really great rounds of combined arms.

The last map "Dragon Pass" seems like the most linear of the group and many times ends up in a stalemate as each team presses against each other at the front lines. There are however a pair of transport helicopters per team that can be used to break past and cap the back flags to hopefully draw forces from the font lines long enough to allow a break through there.

Overall great additions and I see them being a lot of fun especially with a competent commander pulling the strings.
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

"Guilin Peaks" is one of my favorites of those 3 weird because im a more a vehicle maniac thank infantry but this map is really good to your TG style of playing. Im sure the server will have really great games on that map.

"Silk Road" i have to agree wit NameBot here...the map is not fair for the team who spawn on the middle of the sand...being in many games with soflams watching as you go out of the base.

"Altai Range" huge map of the style of Bandaar Desert in BF3...but with mountains...D is the choke point of these maps...most of the battles happend there, the other flags are too open for my taste...not to much cover to work it out. Sniper paradise from the mountain behind D flag...
        sharpening paradise for others like me (Dredge you know what i ment).

"Dragon Pass" like NameBot said all happend in the center of the map...not too much action on the other flags, is a nice vehicle map like Silk Road but with many levels that made it hard to drive and shot and highly C4 party fot those who like it. Doubt you will have pin down on your base because the map have options to scape that. Snipers will on the small mountains for sure because you are able to stay there.
        Even if the map is big i think the Jets are useles here like on Dawnbreaker...still can figure it out why the put those.

Looking forward to share some games with you guys.
        Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

Dragon Pass of course is a remake of one of the original BF2 maps. One side spawned on a carrier the other at the power plant at the head of the valley. This was one of my favorite maps from Bf2 and I bet we can have some fun on this and the others for bf4
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
            Dragon Pass of course is a remake of one of the original BF2 maps. One side spawned on a carrier the other at the power plant at the head of the valley. This was one of my favorite maps from Bf2 and I bet we can have some fun on this and the others for bf4
            Which map? I think there was a Dragon Valley and a Fushe Pass in BF2

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul View Post
              Which map? I think there was a Dragon Valley and a Fushe Pass in BF2
              You are right, and I dont think that the new Dragon Pass is like either of them. Well, I guess it is closer to Fushe, but no jets.

Although. . it does have too many AA to deal with all the choppers, which usually end up directed at the infantry.

IRT..
              I like them all, I will agree with Namebot and Marpla, Silk Road Conquest seems to be an after thought, after they made the rush version. The terrain is not very forgiving in any way.
              Last edited by ANGELofDEATH; 12-17-2013, 07:11 PM.
              theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
              E Pluribus Unum
              Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
              Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I love them all. Videos tomorrow!
                sigpic

Comment

Holy armor fest batman!

Comment

Enjoying all of them, but Gullin Peaks is the best by a longshot, and Silk Road is probably the worst.

D on Silk Road is actually a lot of fun, but all of the other points are just too simple and small to really enjoy, and the dead man's lands between the points are all way, way too unforgiving for the bikes, which are pretty much the only mode of transportation if you don't grab armor. I never thought I'd be disappointed by a map that has 4 little birds and no MAA, but it's just kind of meh.

Anyway, I had a few good games tonight, I'll see if I can snag one of the really fun ones and post it tomorrow. :D

Comment

Originally posted by marpla78 View Post
                      "Silk Road" i have to agree wit NameBot here...the map is not fair for the team who spawn on the middle of the sand...being in many games with soflams watching as you go out of the base.
                      I would say its both a blessing and a curse. The blessing of being on the sand dune side is the enemy will find it incredibly difficult to hold any territory on your side of the map - while going for their backflags is doable given the steppes are more infantry friendly.

The two rounds I played on that map Tuesday I was on the sand dune side - we won both. First round my squad took and pretty easily held Echo while another squad held Foxtrot.(so ya we mostly helped Foxtrot) A lot of the enemy armor was getting bottlenecked around there which frees up our armor to roam uncontested on the dunes and center flag. Then the second round my squad just rolled between A,B,C smashing back any attempt by the enemy to take it with one tank + 2 infantry.
                      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

[QUOTE=Jeepo;1817774] The desert one is a bit spammy, and has little to no cover for infantryQUOTE]

Agree. The desert map is a tank/lav map. And since I prefer infantry battles, I am not a real fan of that map. Otherwise IŽd say these maps will fit this community way of playing. Had real fun yesterday, even though the server seeded a little slower than usual.
                        Proud 5th Alum

/DaVinci_Q

Comment

I am going to beg and plead for a weekly all-China map night.
                          sigpic

Comment

All the China Rising maps are better than the originals IMO. Had alot of fun yesterday checking them out and squadding with a whole bunch of folks.

I could go for just CR maps only for a while.

|

Comment

Originally posted by Warlab View Post
                              All the China Rising maps are better than the originals IMO. Had alot of fun yesterday checking them out and squadding with a whole bunch of folks.

I could go for just CR maps only for a while.
                              My feelings too. Amazing maps. Beautiful, huge sense of space, well balanced and lots of rocks to hide behind. And sand. Lots and lots of sand.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X