IHS Night - Thoughts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IHS Night - Thoughts?

Maybe? Good idea or not? I was just thinking, for fun to try to put together an IHS night in January. Schedule it out long enough in advance so people had time to schedule it and maybe get people on and playing together?

All IHS's could be allowed to play as well as any potential recruits to a squad?

This is no set rule or anything, just something to try for fun.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Re: IHS Night - Thoughts?

Sounds great to me.
    BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

Sounds good, not the 7 tho is my BD.
      Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

I'd be up for it. We'd need enough people from the active IHSes though. Unless people wanna mix-and-match?
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Only if The 18th can go against the 42nd. We enjoy killing you lot ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
            I'd be up for it. We'd need enough people from the active IHSes though. Unless people wanna mix-and-match?
            there wouldn't be any rules around it, just a scheduled night so people can actually play together if persona krill permits. We used to do this in 2142 and we recruited a couple of 9th members from people who were on the server a lot but didn't know the fun of playing in and with an IHS.

42nd Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
              Only if The 18th can go against the 42nd. We enjoy killing you lot ;)
              *ahen* I will leave that response to Jeepo.

42nd Recon

Comment

I dont think there are enough active IHS's to actually pull this off unfortunately. Besides the 42nd and the 3rd, I dont know any other IHS that could field the numbers. 12th maybe as well. I don't see enough of any other IHS besides one or two peeps.

Comment

18th has a full squad...thats all we need. And Jeepo would need to put the Guinness down long enough to respond....I will just sit here and hold my breath...

In all seriousness though, I think this could be very interesting. I would love to give it a shot. We dont have to fill the server, equal amounts of players from the active IHS's between the two teams would be more than enough. Also dont have to run large conquest, if we are going to be a small run, pick a different mode to play.

The only draw back, is the server would be empty apart from the IHS's involved. Basically, all the regulars wouldn't be able to jump on their favorite server and play. If they don't check the forums, they might not know whats going on. Even those that do check the forums might not enjoy the fact that the server isn't open. (Speculation)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I can see if nything can be done with the Irregs

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                      18th has a full squad...thats all we need.
                      What I meant was that if we do IHS nights, each IHS must have at least 1.5x the amount of active players required. So each IHS must have at least 7 or 8 ACTIVE players. Otherwise it would be unlikely that each IHS can field 5 people on any given night. Even if it is organized in advance, people fall off for various reasons(RL). Also we would need at least 4 IHS's to participate so we can have at least a semi-final and final. Otherwise it wouldn't be worth the effort. Unless we want to just have 1 or 2 IHS's just battling each other for the lols.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                        Also we would need at least 4 IHS's to participate so we can have at least a semi-final and final. Otherwise it wouldn't be worth the effort. Unless we want to just have 1 or 2 IHS's just battling each other for the lols.
                        I think you're assuming some kind of tournament play
                        BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

Originally posted by Indiscriminate View Post
                          I think you're assuming some kind of tournament play
                          Read after dot.

Comment

I think it should be open to all regulars. Maybe a password available in the forum and/or TeamSpeak.
                            |TG|Melee
                            Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

IMO... I understand the want and desire of IHS's get together for some action without the public or other SM's... but with one TG server, my gaming time is limited, I never know if and when I can play, I know as a SM I'd be a little pissed off if I finally got a night to play but couldn't because of another IHS reservation... that said, I'm all for it happening occasionally, very occasionally.

again JMO... I play when I can.
                              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X