Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are Server Settings? (Dec.23)

Hi guys,

I checked server settings in the announcement post: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ted-9-nov.html

But they don't match the server settings that are curerntly being used....
    Any possibility of an update on the post? Thanks!

PS. I vote for a return of the minimap/battlescreen... ;)

Cheers! And Merry Christmas!
    |TG|drjones666

Re: What are Server Settings? (Dec.23)

The only difference, that I can tell, between the settings in that post and what we have now, is the lack of minimap.. thus lack of a working battlescreen. Well minimap spotting wont matter if there is no minimap.

P.S. I doubt you will see a minimap coming back . . "M" for map works :)
    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
    E Pluribus Unum
    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Rebind your map key from "M" to CAPSLOCK - then it works about the same as BF2, shows all spotted enemies and is easily accessible from your WSAD keys.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Yup... I know about the remapping of the Maps Screen. But isn't it counter-productive and annoying to always have to click on the keyboard key to bring up the map? Pop on screen, pop offscreen, and on screen, and off, and on...

Why not simply use the minimap and battlescreen? It makes so much more sense to coordonate ourselves during the game.
        |TG|drjones666

Comment

Originally posted by DrJOnes666 View Post
          Yup... I know about the remapping of the Maps Screen. But isn't it counter-productive and annoying to always have to click on the keyboard key to bring up the map? Pop on screen, pop offscreen, and on screen, and off, and on...

Why not simply use the minimap and battlescreen? It makes so much more sense to coordonate ourselves during the game.
          I think the extra action is kind of the point. In order to view the map, you have to obscure your entire screen and toggle a hotkey. Sure, it's a fairly quick thing to do once you've rebound it to a better key, but it still requires a little bit of a mental shift. I've died plenty of times because I was being too greedy with my map and wasn't paying enough attention to what was happening around me.

With the minimap always on, you get godlike knowledge of everything happening around you, without actually having to work for it. With the current settings, you sort of have to choose between having intel and having awareness of your immediate surroundings. I hated it at first, but now I've grown to like it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X