Motion Sensor Balls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion Sensor Balls

I am working my way up through the Recon kit. Are the Motion Sensor balls of much utility in hardcore mode? I am not sure I am seeing any effect from them once deployed.
    sigpic

Re: Motion Sensor Balls

Well without the minimap the use of all sensors really lose the point, i know you have the big map but is not the same.
    The only thing you need to be paying atention is the sound...more beeps someone is close that could give you some edge, but those things dissapear fast.
    Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

It really depends on how you are playing. The motion balls are fantastic for checking out a new area before you move in. Throw the ball, pull up the map, then move in.

If you're playing a defensive, stationary role, the TUGS is way better.

Either way, don't discount the usefulness of spotting (automatic or otherwise) in hardcore. Some people use the full map A LOT.

With that said, I still don't know if it's worth a gadget slot on any levels besides Operation Locker and Guilin Peaks. On maps with armor, C4 is just way, way more useful. (And if you ask me, your first gadget needs to be a spawn beacon or you're missing the point of playing Recon.)

Comment

If you are going for the "recon skill tree" E-Male, you should just continue up that ladder, get the MAV. It would be right up your alley. Ask Mantis for a tutorial on the correct way to abuse a MAV, making your squad "a bunch of Hackers, using wallhacks!!" because you can lead your squad right to the enemy. It is like being a mini-commander, as you have a birds eye of the area.
        theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
        E Pluribus Unum
        Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
        Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Mantis is the master of the Mav...that is definately true.

When I've been in a squad with him the intel provided about enemy location more than made up for one less gun. I know it sounds weak but when I'm leading a squad against him we'll give a good college try on an assault maybe one or two times. If we don't wipe them out quickly I usually cut my losses and move to another flag...Unless of course if we are on command orders or the bleed/map situation dictates differently.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
            Mantis is the master of the Mav...that is definately true.

When I've been in a squad with him the intel provided about enemy location more than made up for one less gun. I know it sounds weak but when I'm leading a squad against him we'll give a good college try on an assault maybe one or two times. If we don't wipe them out quickly I usually cut my losses and move to another flag...Unless of course if we are on command orders or the bleed/map situation dictates differently.
            +1 .. I totally agree with the sentiment on giving up on attacking a point that his squad has called "theirs". I have been in numerous squads where the SL just would not give up attacking that flag, even after me telling them that they MAV is up. Bronco was freaking out last week when he was straight up getting owned attacking Delta on the Dam (not to diss you man). He couldn't understand how the same 3 guys were killing us before we could even get 150 meters from the flag.

Another SL would not give up attacking a flag I knew Mantis and Undead were defending, as Undead had killed me twice.. and made bee lines toward us. I could not hear the MAV, but I figured it was up there somewhere. It was easily ten full minutes of throwing tickets at it. I quit the squad after watching the SL try to Rambo onto the flag via buggy or other means. . . full on, head on into the death trap, only to die 3-5 seconds after getting there.

I am not saying that taking a flag from Mantis and his eye in the sky is impossible. It will definitely take a full squad of players who are working together, because that one player in the helo on another squad makes it impossible. I think it would be easy with more than one squad.
            theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
            E Pluribus Unum
            Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
            Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

+1
              Although after throwing myself at that same wall, I have been giving it some thought that this just requires a creative solution to the problem.

Also Angel, you bring up a good point in the respect you give Mantis and Undead, this just shows good individual skills combined to make a better cohesive force, and the reason we are here in the first place.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X