Reveal the enemy... SPOT!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reveal the enemy... SPOT!

Yes, I know with our server settings this doesn't work like intended, I for one am glad of that... not a Doritos fan... but still, you need to spot as much as possible, especially snipers, vehicles, and high end targets, because we can still see them if we bring up the large map, and most important, if you have a "commander online", they will see the spotted targets on the map... maybe drop a crate on a camping sniper, maybe shove a cruise missile down a T72's turret...etc etc... you get the point. ;)

reveal.jpg
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Reveal the enemy... SPOT!

I had a supply drop land on me not too long ago. I thought it was a friendly mistake but now I see it could've been the enemy commander. I laughed out loud when it happened.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

ya, I've done it as commander when I saw a sniper sitting still for so long, zoom in and drop right on him... thou, now that I think about it, probably not allowed... would it happen in real battle? lol
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

i'm not in the military or anything, but i'd guess that a real supply drop wouldn't be that accurate.

Comment

Also remember, CO's will get the dorito on line of sight targets too. So as long as you can still see them, so can the commander.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

all my points are from spamming the Q key lol, remember how annoying it was to hear the CO of 2142 over and over "enemy spotted, enemy spotted!" glad its not like that anymore.

Comment

Spotting also helps with mortars and artillery.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Spotting vehicles is huge for those operating vehicles. I can't tell you how many times I've flanked armor on Golmud based on spots. Knowing where the enemy armor is on the map and what direction they are facing is basically giving your armor a roadmap to get behind them for an easy kill. Works well on other maps too of course.
                |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I think the 2nd biggest help is that those of us flying can lure potential enemy air vehicles back to base and have our UCB's auto AA shoot them down. :p (Thanks [MENTION=28725]E_Leader[/MENTION])
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X