• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive perk line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cP5K6PL24o
    FYI
    BF4: Indiscrimin8

Re: Defensive perk line

might start running this XD very interesting...I bet you could catch a few players off guard when they have to expend one more bullet on you instead of just keep on run n' gunnin'
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Let's discuss.

First off, I prefer to run the Combat Medic for assault as I try to spend more time healing and reviving than gunning if I have my preference. However, I do see the benefit of having this perk to keep me up to heal and revive.

Secondly, As an engineer, I only see a benefit to be running the "Mechanic" perk, but what is everyone's thought this?

Third, I see no contest for support in running this perk, the offensive is not even close in retrospect.

Finally for Recon, only Shadow will do.

Thoughts?

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

I can see this being a problem when I start moving around with slow-to-fire shotguns (such as the Shorty or 870 MCS). Otherwise, I typically do a fairly long burst on aimed fire (5-8 rounds) or full auto at point blank (half a magazine). Pistol wise, wow, I'm going to have to stick with a P226 or something similar if I want to drop guys without spending an extra round or two.

At least this explains why I've lived through quite a few close calls using the Defensive perk line (which I usually run with my kits).
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Photometric View Post
          Finally for Recon, only Shadow will do.
          Personally I prefer spec ops. That extra C4 is hard to pass up.

Comment

I think the defensive perk is great. I run it the majority of time. I used to use the combat medic one, but I've found that the bags come back quick enough to not make it a big deal. And even with the quick recharge I usually end up quick reviving and dropping a med bag, but that's another discussion.

Not sure why you'd go with Shadow on Recon on TG.

Comment

Let's discuss.

Secondly, As an engineer, I only see a benefit to be running the "Mechanic" perk, but what is everyone's thought this?

Thoughts?
              I only switch to Mechanic when I plan on rolling in armor .. Otherwise I only run Anti-Tank to have many more rockets . . and mines deployed.

I agree, Why would you go "shadow" on TG servers?
              theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
              E Pluribus Unum
              Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
              Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

many people use the map !
                sigpic
                *New to TG Start Here !*BF4 Server Rules !*Battlefield 4 at TacticalGamer !

Comment

I love the Anti Tank Perk for Engi. More rockets are good.
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

people use the map, sure. And so there's a "benefit" to appearing on it for less time. But it's like... 20% as strong. It's just not worth it when compared to other options unless you are going for something VERY specific.

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                      More importantly, I'm not sure why, but whenever I switch to it, I can drop 6 SLAMs and 6 AT mines even without the tier 3 AT perk. It makes for a great little defensive switch if there's a CO crate nearby and you're in an area that can safely be mined without killing friendlies. Switch, drop 12 mines somewhere, then switch back to another class and go about your business. People expect the first two sets of mines. They don't typically expect 4.

Defensive is good, but the various class-specific perks are usually worthwhile too. The only ones I find underwhelming are support. What do you mean, half of my upgrades as the class with ammo bags involve more ammo? That's basically worthless.
                      I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Originally posted by abendchain View Post
                        Personally I prefer spec ops. That extra C4 is hard to pass up.

I agree with you on this
                        I came I saw I got blowed UP

Comment

For me, I would rather run the c4 with my support role since I can resupply myself. I rarely use c4 as a recon, would prefer to either place beacons or MAV or PLD, etc etc. Those seem much more valuable to the overall team. C4 with support however provides many more opportunities between blowing armor, setting around chokepoints, etc etc. Recon is a peripheral player, support is much more up close and personal. Once again, my personal playstyles and interpretations.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                            For engy i run this and the mecanic...but 90% anti tank is the way to go for engy class.
                            Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

Thoughts?
                              Agreed on all counts except Recon. Spec Ops all the way, that C4 is invaluable. Shadow is really, really good on Op Locker, but that's pretty much it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X