Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Game VOIP experience, getting better? What are your thoughts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Game VOIP experience, getting better? What are your thoughts.

All,

Just my experience that in game VOIP is improving. Garbled comms are much less and when it happens it's usually 2 people in the same squad talking at the same time. Post your thoughts. Remember, I said improving, and not perfect.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Re: In Game VOIP experience, getting better? What are your thoughts.

I've had the impression it has been improving the last couple weeks or so. Last night was pretty bad though - I hadn't heard garbled coms like that in a while. So yes it seems better but not fully reliable yet...
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
      Last night was pretty bad though - I hadn't heard garbled coms like that in a while. So yes it seems better but not fully reliable yet...

I experienced the same. Funny how it coincided with EA's servers getting disrupted.

Comment

VOIP runs through the EA servers, not the community servers, so it would make sense that the same DDOS attack would affect VOIP.

The reason I'm asking is about working on "Learn TG" squads. Most of the people who are just visiting our servers would not want to go through the trouble of establishing Teamspeak accounts for 1 visit. But, if you have semi-reliable VOIP, then we can properly introduce people to our community. It wasn't only gameplay, but hearing the voice coordination with the results of the gameplay that hooked me here. In game VOIP is critical to introduce people (the drive by's) that are looking for more of a gaming experience.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Voip was never the better option the sound is not that good...and when you have a lot of people on the server make it worst.
          Sry but i dont see any improves on this, they really need to give more option to the voip for me.

If the TS is an option i will jump on a different channel just to work better with the squad.
          Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

I guess I missed the really bad time of VOIP, but the past couple weeks I have been playing seems OK , some nights it is really hard to make out what is said, and I hate asking what more than once so I make a educated guess as to what was said. " Did you say Abe Lincoln ? No I said hey blinkin! "

Comment

90% of the time voip is not reliable for me. Only when the server is at a low population.

Comment

Over the past 3 or 4 weeks, and this week in particular, I have found no difference in VOIP -- still horrible.

The only way I play now is while sitting in a TG BF4 TS squad channel. There is often a roster of TGers waiting to join the squad who will also sit (silently) in the same channel. Thus I usually have the benefit of a TS-enabled squad and clear comms.

I know that TS will not be a perfect solution but it works.

I do not understand why so many are sitting in the general BF4 TS channel night after night when they could be in a squad-specific TS channel.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                  Over the past 3 or 4 weeks, and this week in particular, I have found no difference in VOIP -- still horrible.

The only way I play now is while sitting in a TG BF4 TS squad channel. There is often a roster of TGers waiting to join the squad who will also sit (silently) in the same channel. Thus I usually have the benefit of a TS-enabled squad and clear comms.

I know that TS will not be a perfect solution but it works.

I do not understand why so many are sitting in the general BF4 TS channel night after night when they could be in a squad-specific TS channel.
                  I agree with all this.
                  BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                    As noted by Photometric, we need VOIP to connect with the random new guy to introduce him to TG properly. Even when I join a squad specific channel, I only use it as back-up to the squad VOIP. Otherwise those not in TS don't hear the comms. Yes, VOIP still isn't what it should be, but it has improved over time and I hope it continues to improve. Dare I say to the point of what we had in BF2? One can hope.
                    |TG|Melee
                    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Strange that you lot have had troubles with In-Game VOIP. Been no problems over at Monkey-Gamers server, where we only use In-Game.

Yes, the quality is not exactly like TS3/Mumble, but it is close to TS2 quality. Compared to BF2/BF2142 the VOIP in BF4 is better in quality.

Make sure to check your settings and turn up the volume for it: battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/settings/voice
                      "The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind"
                      H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post
                        As noted by Photometric, we need VOIP to connect with the random new guy to introduce him to TG properly. Even when I join a squad specific channel, I only use it as back-up to the squad VOIP. Otherwise those not in TS don't hear the comms. Yes, VOIP still isn't what it should be, but it has improved over time and I hope it continues to improve. Dare I say to the point of what we had in BF2? One can hope.
                        I see no reason why you can't be in TS specific channel and use in-game voip as well when/if needed.

Comment

my muscle memory has made it so that can't use any other button than left-alt to activate voip. so in game, i either use BF voip, or TS, not both since thinking about which one i'm using at the time gets too complicated for my little brain. this requires me to change key bindings in order to not feed my voice through both channels at the same time.

Comment

What I see sometimes is that some people's voices are TOO LOUD and then start cracking. Is this a setting on their end? Is their mouth too close to the mic?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

it's probably comething on their end. whether they've boosted the input too high, or they've got the mic too close to the mouth, what's basically happening is that the input is getting clipped when it exceeds the max value, hence the distortion. the solution is to lower the gain or disable to boost, or get the mic further away from their mouth.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X