teamwork problem....solution... squad vs team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teamwork problem....solution... squad vs team

Just thinking out loud here, just sharing a view, not trying to run things...so don't get your panties in a wad. (whats that mean anyway, lol)

Last night was very frustrating for me... besides being a squad leader and getting auto-balanced to the other team half way through a match when my squad was on fire, by that I mean working well together... which pissed me off, lol
    And then being in a squad of TG's, who left to form their own squad without me, (hurt feelings! jk), then being in a squad with 2 foreign speakers who were there to do their own thing, I finally left... that's not what this post is about. ;)

But on earlier games before all that happened... I noticed squads working well together but no central command... meaning no CO was on, and if one was he/she wasn't doing much, each squad was playing their own game/objectives, problem is we were all on 2 or 3 objectives, no one leading to take charge to capture objectives. Sure it's nice that a squad can capture and defend an objective, but if the enemy has the majority of the objectives we will lose. No desire to win it seems, just be a great squad.

Since were not all on TS, and when we are we can't talk tactics, team plan, because the other team is there...so I guess the solution would be for a TG member with tags to take charge and maybe give the squads basic orders in the team chat log... ie: "Alpha hold A and B, Charlie, hold D and E, Delta QRT squads in trouble"... (just a simple example)... or is their a better way, one that's already in place that I'm unaware of.

Were working great as squads, we need to find a way to be a better TEAM. imo

?
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: teamwork problem....solution... squad vs team

This. Having 4 great squads means nothing if they aren't working great together. I would say that if you don't have a CO but notice you have a few squads rolling well, step up. Get the SLs on team chat, hatch a quick game plan and go for it. Don't just not do it because you aren't the CO so it's not my problem. Victory and defeat is EVERYONES choice. So make up your mind which side of the fence you intend to be on, then do something about it ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

gotta see the irony that everyone wanted commander in BF3.....and no one hardly plays it in BF4
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I think we would all prefer if the SL's could speak directly to the commander instead of just the commander poking into squads randomly. I think it was assumed that commander/sl comms would be 2 way as it was in BF2142.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

For myself the inferiour VOIP structure really takes the fun out of the CO position. A command channel that does not allow you to verbally communicate with a designated group of leaders is not ideal.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
            gotta see the irony that everyone wanted commander in BF3.....and no one hardly plays it in BF4
            It's pretty obvious that what we wanted as a CO wasn't what we got.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
              For myself the inferiour VOIP structure really takes the fun out of the CO position. A command channel that does not allow you to verbally communicate with a designated group of leaders is not ideal.
              You are one of maybe 3 COs that I have ever heard use VOIP. I never hear any of them say anything, just that "You have a new order" as they send us Whack-A-Mole'n around the map with the rest of the zerg.
              theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
              E Pluribus Unum
              Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
              Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Guilty confession:

I am sometimes not inclined to pay much attention to a CO who is not using voice. I do not see the logic in giving my game over to someone who is not fully in the game (vis a vis voice).

Commanders need to be fully enabled with all command tools, including voice. I find it demoralizing to think that command may be in the hands of some kid who lacks the proper tools and may be functioning only slightly above the level of a random button pusher.
                sigpic

Comment

It goes the other way too... most CO's can see more then you can on their 2d map compared to your real world view. Many times I'll send a squad over to help another squad because I can see a bunch of enemies moving to target, and then when they don't go that squad I was trying to help dies AND we lose the point... so I understand, but also understand a CO see's more then you do and in big picture form.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X