BF4 balancing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF4 balancing

According to Demize, the following items are going to get rebalanced.
    • DMR's
    • Attack helicopters
    • V40 mini grenades
    • Flashbangs
    • MAA
    • Hand flares

It also seems like spectator mode will be polished, as it currently "looks outdated".

Source: https://twitter.com/Demize99/status/420819970562752512

Re: BF4 balancing

Originally posted by Xianz_7 View Post
    • DMR's
    • Attack helicopters
    • V40 mini grenades
    • Flashbangs
    • MAA
    • Hand flares

It also seems like spectator mode will be polished, as it currently "looks outdated".

Source: https://twitter.com/Demize99/status/420819970562752512
    I wonder what he means with "rebalance" because the Attack choppers are next to useless compared to BF3.

Comment

What about the stinger!
      |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

well, I wonder how the DMR will be reworked. I mean, I like DMRs. I just have trouble using sniper rifles and the new China Rising maps really call for longer range weapons...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I hope they work on the suppression. I tested it on the server and you don't even have to be close to hitting anyone and they are suppressed almost to the max. I would also like the sound to be toned down. Lol. I hate that crack for every DMR. Makes my head hurt and eyes go crossed.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
            I wonder what he means with "rebalance" because the Attack choppers are next to useless compared to BF3.
            I imagine most people share your sentiment and that Demize is referring to making it more effective. I have found that it is useful at range as either a support weapon or in conjunction with laser designation. It certainly does not possess the individual abilities that it has in previous installments.
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Hand flares? Are they overpowered, lol?

Comment

what no balance of the little bird repair mechanic?...or its 25mm cannons?......oh come on.
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                  Oh gosh, I hope not! At least they haven't messed with Little Bird yet! :D

Originally posted by Ven
                  ...or its 25mm cannons?......oh come on.
                  NO NO NO! You keep your dirty hands off my little bird! *shakes fist*

DMR's
                  Attack helicopters
                  V40 mini grenades
                  Flashbangs
                  MAA
                  Hand flares

Now why are they messing with the Mobile AA I wonder. I hope it is not to nerf it as it is rather weak as is.

V40 mini grenades? Uh oh.

Hand flares?! Ha! I won't miss those if they got rid of them completely! Flashbangs are of more use unless they plan on releasing a map that is completely pitch black and requires us to use our lights for a change (other than to blind your opponents).

I haven't even tried spectator mode yet. I wonder how they'll improve it if they are deeming the current version "outdated".
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

why do people assume everything on that list is getting nerfed?

To me, DMR's, Hand flares, flashbangs and Attack helos will all get buffed. Only Minis and MAAs are likely to get nerfed.

Comment

And really, if MAAs get nerfed, Scout Helis really, really are going to need a nerf too. The MAA is by far the best way to reliably kill a LB flying around with infinite health. If you nerf LB in-flight repair (which really, really needs to happen, along with a tweak of the 25mms) without touching MAAs, you end up without having any reason to use any air assets at all. On the other hand, if you nerf MAAs (especially active radar missiles) without touching LBs, we'll be back to the era of skygods, only this time they'll be hovering angry bees covered in sparks instead of jets.

And yes, minis are getting a nerf: they've already said that the 3x count in return for 67% explosion damage is too good a trade. I suspect (and hope) that they'd simply remove 1 each from the RGOs and the V40s, then slow down the rate of V40 resupply significantly. DMRs are getting buffed. Flashbangs are hopefully getting buffed, because right now, a hand flare does the job they do, but better. No idea what they're doing with hand flares. Hopefully attack helis gets a minor, minor buff and they remember if they nerf the MAA, that's a net buff to all air assets and they don't overdo it, especially in regards to MANPADs.
                      I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

If the MAA does not get nerfed I will laugh and cry at the same time. It is the single most overpowered piece of machinery in the game. Only way you die in it is when you want to, not paying attention to your screen, going to grab a drink or just willingly getting killed.

Comment

Not to be petty, but doesn't the mini do 80 maximum damage? The Impact does 67. 80 is just crazy when you have 3 and can chuck them across the map.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X