BF4 vs PR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF4 vs PR

As someone who hasn't played PR in a couple of years but really enjoyed the time that I spent playing it, should I buy BF4 and the premium add on or just start playing PR again? I really enjoyed the tight-knit squad interaction I experienced playing PR and I'm afraid that I'll buy BF4 and be disappointed by a lack of cohesion. Any thoughts?
    |TG-Irr|Inferno

"You are what you do when it counts"

Re: BF4 vs PR

Get the game, get in my squad, and get cohesive.

sigpic

Comment

First I would say the two experiences are apples and oranges. If this is your only criteria for judging you'll end up disappointed in the BF4 experience. The two titles are 180 degrees apart. This isn't a bad thing but you should know that up front.

Strictly from my point of view I would say about 80% of the time i'm operating in a very satisfactory squad. If you play on the TG server your chances of maximizing your enjoyment will stay high. Upon joining you are placed in a squad randomly. Most of the times I'm switching out of that squad into one being led by a known TGer or I'll start my own squad.

If you play on the server regularly you'll quickly figure out who you want to squad up with. Alot of players run with TG tags and this is a good bet. Some great players don't run with TG tags though so it's not the end all be all.

Look at it this way...nearly all the TGers who are playing BF4 are looking for solid teamwork and communication so chances are high you'll pair up with some like minded players. I've had some great squad work and team experiences in BF4 and don't regret buying or playing the game one single bit and my standards are pretty darn high.

Hope to see you soon. Look for me in game and we can join up.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I know they are different, I just want it to be fun. PR seemed to have a more dedicated base of players (probably because it was a mod with all of the extra steps required to get it up and running) than BF2. I'm not looking to recreate the mechanics of PR, just the enjoyability.
        |TG-Irr|Inferno

Comment

If you have the money, I'd say it would be worth it. Good times are being had and we'd love for you to join us in the fun!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by inferno493 View Post
            As someone who hasn't played PR in a couple of years but really enjoyed the time that I spent playing it, should I buy BF4 and the premium add on or just start playing PR again? I really enjoyed the tight-knit squad interaction I experienced playing PR and I'm afraid that I'll buy BF4 and be disappointed by a lack of cohesion. Any thoughts?

Cohesion/teamwork is independent of title. You can find just as much teamwork in BF4 as you would have found in PR. Conversely, you can find as little as well.

The cohesion comes from the players, not the game. True, the game itself can add or detract from the ability to have cohesion/teamwork, but it really boils down to the people behind the mouse and keyboard.

Look for any of the guys that have posted so far in this thread when you log into the TG BF4 server and I think you'll be happy with the teamwork you get to experience.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

My memories of PR are good ones, I didn't play a whole lot and most of the memories is me shoveling, but always fun. Same play style a little less shoveling. Is that how you spell shovel? Looks pretty as well.

Comment

Nothing builds esprit de corps like shoveling :). Anyway, it's downloading now so I should be pew-pewing in short order.
                |TG-Irr|Inferno

Comment

Who needs a shovel when all you need is a couple mines and a nade, or C4 ... and you got an instant fox hole
                  theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                  E Pluribus Unum
                  Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

So...have you found the TG server ? How's it going.
                    sigpic
                    |TG-1st|Grunt
                    ARMA Admin (retired)
                    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed