AMD users: driver testing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] AMD users: driver testing

As a request, I would ask that this is kept out of the tech section for a while, as I would like to see people's response...

Guys, keep an eye on the upcoming AMD catalyst 14.1 BETA. When the BETA hits, MANTLE and DirectX 11.2 will finally be supported for HD 7000, R700, and R200 cards. Claims by AMD indicate that in some cases there are up to a 45% increase in performance in games such as BF4, which apparently supports MANTLE.

http://wccftech.com/amd-catalyst-14-...fix-gpus-apus/

I am going to try testing out the BETA when it becomes officially available for download.

Anybody have thoughts on this?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: AMD users: driver testing

Sounds like a test I'm good for.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah I'm there
      [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
      [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

have there been an incidents where the Betas bug out your computer like Windows 8.1 did to a lot of people?
        Questions about those who deserve it!
        "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

no idea, but what I later read, we need to wait for the bug that is coming out for BF4 later this month
          \

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Wow that's a massive gain in a game. It's like jumping up 3 generations in video cards. I'll be curious to see your results
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Wait...is the R9 series of cards not supported with this beta driver?
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

That increment will be only on the new cards?....still have my 6970 HD ...working to change it and give that to the kid, but if that driver works for me too (hope so) i will love that 45%!!!!!
                Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                  Wait...is the R9 series of cards not supported with this beta driver?
                  think it was my typo... R7 and R9 or whatever the two new card series are

Comment

By the way, you AMD HD7950 users out there, it looks like you can unlock them to the HD7970 the really are.

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                      By the way, you AMD HD7950 users out there, it looks like you can unlock them to the HD7970 the really are.
                      ooooh that's me! Where can I find this info
                      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Sapphire Toxic 280x is around the corner of my house!!
                        Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

I have the 7950. My card is overclocked to 1120ghz and 1575ghz on the memory. That is basically a 25% improvement alone. If Mantle gives just 20% that will be a nice improvement. I was going to go crossfire with the 7950 until they discontinued the card. AMD needs to add a setting that locks in the OC in a gaming settings tab. Sometimes the cards throttle down to 850mhz, my card is a 925mhz boost card. I monitor the frequency of the core and the memory on my Logitech G15 gaming keyboard OSD. For cards like the 7950 and above, people are not paying to save power. I have an i5 3570k running at 4.5ghz 24x7. Who needs throttling or turbos?

I built my current system with a few recycled parts simply for BF4. I am looking forward to Mantle and the next drivers.

Comment

I still need to give these a try on my R9 270 in my AMD rig. Prob do it sometime mid-week so I can post up the results.
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X