Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Update live this morning.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...c-patch-jan13/

Today we are rolling out a new PC update for Battlefield 4. This patch will address several stability and balancing issues, graphical glitches, the speed of repair rates, and more. You will find the full patch notes below, and as always, in the Control Room.

Jan 13 PC Game Update Notes

-Various fixes for improving general stability
    -Fixed a memory leak issue occurring after level shutdowns, which could result in a out-of-memory crash in longer play sessions
    -Additional fix for the “sound loop” deadlock when running High/Ultra graphics settings
    -Added a warning for using Legacy AMD drivers that were out of date
    -Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done
    -Fixed a bug where players’ rank icons on the scoreboard would not be updated
    -Fix for Asian users unable to start Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 on Windows 8.1
    -Normalized repair rates across all vehicles
    -Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
    -Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
    -Fixed a bug where a Main Battle Tank Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
    -Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons.
    -Stealth Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other. F35 & J-20 are slightly more agile, Su-50 is less agile.
    -Attack Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other, and all 3 are now slightly less agile than earlier
    -Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch
    -Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs
    -Fix for player spawning under the map when deploying on Lancang Dam
    -Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker

Re: Update live this morning.

So glad that EA has fixed these issues that are so terribly critical to game play.

Good to see that time is not being wasted on fixing communication issues (VOIP) and teamwork issues (squad size or CO to SL comms and such).
    sigpic

Comment

I've told you guys before, and I'm tellin' you guys now.

THEY WILL NEVER FIX VOIP.

I guess the balance patch is yet to come (DMRs, V40Minis, Mobile AA).

Problem is, they've nerfed the Little Bird (tank-in-the-air), and so now Mobile AA is God. Still, it's an improvement.
      BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to E-Male again.

Preach it! They might fix VOIP, but it is probably very low on the list because "everyone just uses 3rd party voice applications anyway". (That was an excuse I got from an EA/Dice informant who shall remain unnamed, about VOIP in medal of honor)

On the flip side, I can understand the need for stability fixes. Its no use to nerf this or buff that when you still have quite a few people who cant even play because of graphical errors, crashes, and/or bugs. So maybe after they fix the base model of the game they will start to focus heavily on gameplay. But then again, BF5 beta will be out by Christmas so who knows hahaha.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Yea, I know.

But I'll never stop whinning about it.

The curious thing is that this very modest list of fixes seems to contradict the recent public relations memo to the effect that fixing BF4 was a new piriotity for EA.

Nuff said about that.
          sigpic

Comment

-Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members

Big Fix this one, hope it works well

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Originally posted by Photometric View Post

I can confirm that this was not completely fixed. I was was still seeing friendly SLs without tags until I focus on them this morning, after the patch.
              theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
              E Pluribus Unum
              Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
              Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I'll have to check it out when I get home, but I am hoping against hope for the Friendlies fix to actually work. I'm twitchy enough when I spot a figure. I've lost count of the number of times I have knee jerk shot someone that ended up being a friendly because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Photometric View Post

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
                  I can confirm that this was not completely fixed. I was was still seeing friendly SLs without tags until I focus on them this morning, after the patch.
                  I, too, can confrim that this was not completely fixed. I played a few rounds this morning after the patch went live and still saw friendly SLs without tags......and getting shot at myself by friendlies whenever I was SL. It's like nothing ever changed.

Also noticed that my map load times seem to be a bit longer now. Strange.
                  |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

*sigh* Two steps forward. Seven steps back.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandnor View Post
                      Even by that Logic we are still making SOME progress :) Its the best we can hope for with EA/Dice

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Sandnor View Post
                        Heard that. As much as I love this game, it drives me bonkers sometimes. In between silly bugs, constant graphical crashes/lockups and other issues.....ugh. Kudos to them for addressing some of the issues, but I just wish they would focus a little more attention on stability, rather than nerfing/buffing this and that. Or spent the extra time to iron out the issues before launch. But what do I know? I'm just a long haired dude that beats on drums. haha
                        |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

The friendly tag issue is still broken, and the insta kill bug is even worse than before.

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalDrummer View Post
                            But what do I know? I'm just a long haired dude that beats on drums. haha
                            Glad to see you made your way into the forums. Welcome to TG.
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I may be one of the lucky few but Since the 3 patches ago I haven't had a single crash. So I am happy about that. And I die so much anyways that the intakill thing doesn't bother me much. I just really don't like killing allies by accident. Makes me feel bad.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X