Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Temporary Change to Hard Core

Hey Guys,

In an effort to boost foot traffic on the server and exposure to you the community, TG quality teamwork and gameplay we have opted to revisit Hardcore settings. When we ran stock Hard Core previously we got a lot of visitors and a lot of positive feedback about the community, so we are repeating the exercise. This is not a permanent change, merely an attempt to improve our profile and expose as many BF players to our community as possible.

The current aim is to provide a HardCore server with a limit on sniper rifles to reduce the OHK weapon potential and improve gameplay and increase the emphasis on teamwork.

Please bear with us during this trial period and let us know of any issues or anomaly's you see asap, we'll do our best to fix them right away. As ever please provide as much feedback as possible via the forums and TS.

Thanks

Wicks

Re: Temporary Change to Hard Core

In what ways was the "Custom" settings different from hardcore?

Comment

Nice...HC is the only mode i play since i remember...i accept the custom but allways was a HC player...ty guys and i will jump on the server now!
      Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Knives View Post
        In what ways was the "Custom" settings different from hardcore?
        I know I will be corrected but Health and HUD stick out to me

Comment

The server is full !!! Weeeeeeeeee !!!

Comment

One thing to note, the supposed fix for the SL name marker not showing up in hardcore wasn't really fixed. Other than that, hardcore is great. Except for how popular it makes the server so peons like me get kicked to make room for the wealthy upper class.

Edit: kicked twice now. This is not fun.

Edit 2: 3 times in the last hour or 2, haven't finished a round since it filled up. I'm done trying tonight. Annoying me into paying to be able to stay on the server is not a good way to get my money.
            Last edited by abendchain; 01-13-2014, 09:36 PM.

Comment

The name tag problem is back and worse than ever.

Comment

I like the settings but we should go back to the 50 player limit maps seem a little to chaotic / whack a mole at 64 players
                sigpic

Comment

Duh, took me like 3 minutes and a slang search before I realized that OHK stands for One Hit Kill.
                  Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by Al Lunn View Post
                    I like the settings but we should go back to the 50 player limit maps seem a little to chaotic / whack a mole at 64 players
                    I have to agree here, 48-50 is a better number for the style of TG...more room to work.
                    Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marpla78 View Post
                      I have to agree here, 48-50 is a better number for the style of TG...more room to work.
                      Agree, but the only issue I see with this is that it will not really help improve the profile of TG. When the server is full of 40+ supporting members pubbies will not have a chance to enjoy the TG environment before getting removed for perhaps another SM

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul View Post
                        Agree, but the only issue I see with this is that it will not really help improve the profile of TG. When the server is full of 40+ supporting members pubbies will not have a chance to enjoy the TG environment before getting removed for perhaps another SM
                        TG ran multiple servers for BF2(among many other titles), why not do so for BF4?
                        Last edited by Silas; 01-14-2014, 09:07 AM.
                        Un Equipo de Trabajo Para Bien de Todos

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul View Post
                          When the server is populated and gets proper traffic this would already be the case. Like it was last night.

Comment

Originally posted by abendchain View Post
                            Annoying me into paying to be able to stay on the server is not a good way to get my money.
                            I'm confused why you state it thus. Reserved slots are one of the best benefits for supporting membership. The choice is yours to support or not and you are welcome of course regardless of your status as a supporting member. But Abend--really--you get what you pay for. I'd rather see you on the server as you are an excellent team player but try to see it as a cost of doing good business rather than an annoyance.

On the issue of settings

I died more with the HC settings but adapt and overcome I say. Personally I like the lack of crosshair but I'd prefer higher health. I'd like a much longer respawn time on the tanks and armor but I think we are limited by the settings themselves.

I know I'm beating a dead horse but I play on the TG server because of the people and the teamwork not the settings. I'll be here regardless.

And--64 is too many. I agree. Fifty for the bigger maps seems about right.
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I understand, and I do love playing here so I'd be willing to support it. However 80 bucks a year on top of a $110 non-MMO game is steep, and all it gets me is the ability to kick someone out to make room for me. I don't even want that. It annoyed me to the point that I stopped playing last night because I couldn't finish a round. If I start paying, that's just one more person that gets kicked and annoyed when I want to play. To me, that's counterproductive in growing the community.

I don't mind waiting in the queue, I just wish there was some kind of kick protection for either regulars, or a lower paying tier, or something. I know it probably isn't even possible using the VIP slot tools that DICE provides, though.

I'm not going anywhere, I was just getting annoyed last night.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X