Is the SP worth doing for the M249?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the SP worth doing for the M249?

I noticed the M249 has 10 points less in damage compared to the M240B, but it also has a rate of fire of 800 over 650... Is it worth doing the single player campaign to unlock that weapon, or not worth the time? Any other worth the while weapons from the SP?
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Is the SP worth doing for the M249?

whenever possible, use symthic, not the battlelog. It does NOT do 10 points less damage. It does 9 at 8m, but only 7 less at distance.

Additionally, its recoil is CONSIDERABLY better, and it's a bit better when hipfiring. It's also generally more accurate (less spread increase). and it comes with 200 bullets, not 100 (the MG4 also does this though).

Take a look for yourself: http://symthic.com/bf4-multi-compari...=None&a52=None

The comparison should be between the PKP and the M240B as they're more similar weapons. If you like high damage weapons (and on hardcore it's hard not to as these two weapons kill in two shots up to 37m), then you should compare them.

Comment

I've been running the 249 since CS:S and its fun to have access to this weapon. Its 2nd on my stats page for number of kills and it makes up for punch with an increased rate of fire that makes it a must in my cache.
      Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

The M249 is essentially the MG4 that you can access at the start of the game. It is also a proper LMG, unlike the U-100. If you haven't unlocked any of the LMGs but the U-100 yet, I'd do it. If you've gotten to the LSAT or PKP so far, I wouldn't.

SP was...mediocre. It wasn't bad and I think I enjoyed it more playing it on launch day while the servers crashed every 30 seconds, but I'm not sure it'd be worth it if I wasn't having at least a bit of fun. If you've got a day where you want to play BF and nobody you know is online, try it out. But of your choices, get the M249 first, then the QBZ, then the P90.
        I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

If you spend time with the MG4 you will fell in love with that german beauty!!...accurate, recoil is minimal or very easy to control, if you put the perk with extra ammo you will have bullets to share with all the bad guys you want...i call it "la generosa" (the generous) because of that extra ammount of ammo.

SP was really glitchy, if you push before the bots sometimes you will end up with unfinish textures, i wasnt able to advance when you reach the snow part because it crash....visual are by far one of the best ones after crysis off course.

Just my 2 pesos.
          Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

Yes.

Comment

I had a blast on SP but its something I look forward to for every title. I've bought some COD versions just for Single player campaigns.

Anyways. I was impressed by the 240. I used it to earn my 240. I'm going through the 240 progression now but I do really like that higher rate of fire. The 240 is a best with optics and a bipod when used to suppress. Accurate and powerful. I've gotten some good kills at range with it.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

i loved the COD:MW single player campaigns. they way they were reminiscent of some very popular scenes from movies (the rock, hunt for red october) got me really excited. the SP for BF3 and 4 were meh.

i'll echo what most people have said. if you don't have any LMGs unlocked, go get the M249. it's far better than the U-100. but once you get the LSAT or MG4, you will probably not use the M249 again.

Comment

Very similar to the MG4, worth it if you don't have it.

If you play SP, I dare you to try and count the number of times they mention Recker

Comment

I dare you to count the number of times they curse for no reason whatsoever.
                    sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
                    [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

Suffice it to say all the weapons you unlock b/c of SP are worth it. They are basically giving you free weapons without having to play countless MP matches to earn enough rank and points to "earn" them. The M249 is a nice LMG, faster fire rate than a Type 88 but does less damage. A great weapon if you need to send a lot of rounds down range and are covering your buddies while they move. Otherwise, it works well in closer quarters due to it's higher rate of fire.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

The M249 and the Type-88 have the same damage models. The two are differentiated by the higher RoF on the M249 and a better accuracy (less spread increase, less recoil) on the Type-88

Comment

I unlocked the 249 purely so I didn't have to use the U-100 (like the others above). I finally got the LSAT and I haven't used the 249 since.
                          Proud to be Irregular

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoraster View Post
                            The M249 and the Type-88 have the same damage models. The two are differentiated by the higher RoF on the M249 and a better accuracy (less spread increase, less recoil) on the Type-88
                            Hmm, guess I better go and look at Symthic again. In using it, it seems to do less damage probably due to the fact that the spread is higher and the higher recoil. I still like it for laying down fire. Gets your blood pumping when you hear this baby chatter along at full auto on a tripod. :D
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X