IHS Event Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IHS Event Today

Great Event today with Great turnout, Thanks To Dredge for organizing Please post after action reports and don't forget ribbon nominations
    sigpic

Re: IHS Event Today

Bunch of great rounds today guys. Had fun shooting it out with the 12th at B on Zavod.

Favourite round had to have been conquest on Dawn Breaker. Round ended with our team winning by 6 tickets!
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...520/368213609/

Great games all!
    |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Thanks for the fun guys! Great turnout! I haven't seen this many IHS members since my 2142 days! (except for ARMA II)
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Sry i couldnt make 38 șC here in my city....beach all day...too hot to be in the pc.

I hope this events repeat so i can be there on the next one!
        Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

is there any way to make this a tournament and make it bi-annual and have matches throughout a month and have the IHS have set people to represent them. After about 1/2 a month of matches, we can see who comes out on top for bragging rights.
          Questions about those who deserve it!
          "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Originally posted by marpla78 View Post
            Sry i couldnt make 38 șC here in my city....beach all day...too hot to be in the pc.

I hope this events repeat so i can be there on the next one!
            On behalf of all of Canada, poor you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post
              On behalf of all of Canada, poor you.
              I concur
              sigpic

Comment

I think this was a great idea, I'm glad we had it, it was fun, and I think/hope we learned a lot from it.

Pros:
                • Got all the IHS' together. Great times!
                • Created the highest density of TGers on server simultaneously. W00t!
                • Tried out a new idea for a comm system (SLs in parent channel). Good science!
                • Gave us a taste for how good scrimmages can be. Looking forward to more! (IHS events and scrimmages, hopefully)

Cons:
                • Despite being what should have been the most organized TG BF4 event in history, it still had these problems:
                  • For many rounds, the teams didn't even have a commander.
                  • There were *still* squads which contained players who were not in TS while some players in TS were in squads with just 2-3 people. Why not combine them so we had squads FULL of TGers in TS?
                • The comm system had these drawbacks:
                  • SMs couldn't use TS to talk to their SLs
                  • VOIP was still terrible, so communication between SLs and SMs was anywhere between flaky and terrible
                  • Because the SL was not reachable via TS, SMs could *NOT* use TS for squad battle comms. They *HAD* to use VOIP. That's actually *worse* than day-to-day play on the TG server, where it's possible to get the entire squad in TS. Therefore, we all sat in TS - but it was unused. It was kind of silly. There was no point in TS at all except as a place to gather SLs.

P.S. psssst. I know what the solution to our comms problem needs to be.
                BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

Originally posted by Indiscriminate View Post
                  Oh what a tease! Please, do share!
                  |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Thank you Dredge for your hard work! Good job everyone who played.
                    TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

They actually changed the SL comms on the fly and had all the SL's on a whisper list so we had our SL for almost the whole match. After Zavod, the squads fragmented pretty severely typical of a pub server with (I counted) 10 squads of mostly 2 or 3 players and most of them were playing singly. I left as team play really suffered from a lack of discipline but the event was over by then and play returned to "normal" within a couple of hours.
                      Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
                        After Zavod, the squads fragmented pretty severely typical of a pub server with (I counted) 10 squads of mostly 2 or 3 players and most of them were playing singly. I left as team play really suffered from a lack of discipline but the event was over by then and play returned to "normal" within a couple of hours.
                        Yes, this was a problem on our team. But I had fun listening to all the crazy ways you get killed in this game. Some of them should be reported as bugs :p

Comment

Originally posted by Indiscriminate View Post
                          [*]The comm system had these drawbacks:
                          • SMs couldn't use TS to talk to their SLs
                          • VOIP was still terrible, so communication between SLs and SMs was anywhere between flaky and terrible
                          • Because the SL was not reachable via TS, SMs could *NOT* use TS for squad battle comms. They *HAD* to use VOIP. That's actually *worse* than day-to-day play on the TG server, where it's possible to get the entire squad in TS. Therefore, we all sat in TS - but it was unused. It was kind of silly. There was no point in TS at all except as a place to gather SLs.
                          [/LIST]

1.) I didn't think VOIP was terrible yesterday. It was actually one of the better days using voip
                          2.) For first few rounds we used a whisper list to talk to squad members. I sat with the rest of the squad leaders and squad members were in the opfor charlie channel. All we needed to do was add DrunkenSoul and OpFor Charlie channl as part of the whisper list and it was set. very easy

Comment

Never thought of them as bugs.

The top one yesterday was spawning in dead from a knife attack.
                            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Great games yesterday! My squad used whisper to communicate while I was up in the SL channel and it worked fine. Next time it should probably be the other way around (have the SL's on whisper) but as an experiment it went well!

Also was interesting trying out the different game modes as I really have only played on our server.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X