"Those are the rules. Don't like it? Find another server"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Those are the rules. Don't like it? Find another server"

I'm seeing this phrase in chat more and more, and its often used in cases that do not warrant it at all.

The TG server has a lot of rules, many of which can easily be misinterpreted. Instead of just telling someone to f*** off (which is essentially what you are telling them by saying this), why not try to explain the rule to them? They probably did not know about it in the first place, and might not fully understand it.

Telling people "Don't like it, find another server" is a terrible message to send to people who are new to the server.

Re: "Those are the rules. Don't like it? Find another server"

I have no time for typing messages in chat, during a game... but I can agree with the statement, I think were to lax in the rules and a lot of times our server turns into just another hardcore server... if a squad leader or game admin warns you once to either follow your SL orders or not do that, then kick em after the next repeat or when they argue or ask why, plenty of other people like and want to follow our server rules, it's not like were fighting for players.

I've reported obvious violators over TS a number of times, with and without an acknowledgement, but nothing happens, most of the time I see a warning...but they continue the behavior, I stop wasting my time reporting.

Either we need to be strict or not... not undecided.

I have a lot of GREAT games here at TG... but it's not always like that.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Did you read my post?

Comment

yes, I agree we don't need to be rude, but we don't need to pamper, most don't have the time to explain rules in the middle of a game.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Well if someone doesn't have time to explain the rules, they should not be responding "don't like it? leave".

There are plenty of other TG people on the server who could possibly respond and quickly elaborate on the cursing, jihad jeeps, chopper bailing, responding to orders rules.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul View Post
            Well if someone doesn't have time to explain the rules, they should not be responding "don't like it? leave".

There are plenty of other TG people on the server who could possibly respond and quickly elaborate on the cursing, jihad jeeps, chopper bailing, responding to orders rules.
            Agreed . . If we are to expect everyone to act respectful, mature and follow the rules, we have to set the tone of the server community. The "dont like the rules, leave", "our server, our rules" and so forth comments are not really going to get people to add the server to their favorites.

Just remember, if you expect others to act respectful and mature on the server. Set an example.
            theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
            E Pluribus Unum
            Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
            Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
              don't have the time to explain rules in the middle of a game.
              That's fine - if you don't want any new regulars on the server.

Comment

well i think there's a time to tell some people to F off. when you take the time to explain the rules and why they're there, and people still don't care, and not only continue breaking the rules, but start trolling the admins, that's the time to tell them off.

all in all, i feel the admins are doing a great job admin'ing the server. it's the rest of us regulars, TG or non-TG that are more likely to instigate these things. i know for me, i troll the hell out of the trolls. it's fun for me, but i know i shouldn't be doing it. if any of yall catch me trolling the trolls, feel free to call me out on it.

Comment

The only time I've seen people say this is after multiple warnings about swearing. A lot of people act childish when told there's no swearing on the server. They try to push the rules and start annoying people. I've seen a few people get banned since the switch to hardcore for continuing to antagonize an admin.

Comment

Simplest thing to do is just ignore them. Report them in squad chat, and ignore them in all chat. The report will be read, or most likely, an in-game or monitoring admin will see them in the chat and will handle it. If they don't have an audience, they leave or shut up.
                    |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

In the cases of foul language, don't bother responding since we have an automated script that will take care of the situation. I try to read all of the chat while playing and will deal with them if they feel the need to respond with creative spellings. Additionally, I think it's best if the player base leave the responses to the admins so as to not feed the trolls. Of course, feel free to report behavior using "!admin reporting.....".
                      |TG|Melee
                      Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                        I have no time for typing messages in chat, during a game... but I can agree with the statement, I think were to lax in the rules and a lot of times our server turns into just another hardcore server... if a squad leader or game admin warns you once to either follow your SL orders or not do that, then kick em after the next repeat or when they argue or ask why, plenty of other people like and want to follow our server rules, it's not like were fighting for players.

I've reported obvious violators over TS a number of times, with and without an acknowledgement, but nothing happens, most of the time I see a warning...but they continue the behavior, I stop wasting my time reporting.

Either we need to be strict or not... not undecided.

I have a lot of GREAT games here at TG... but it's not always like that.
                        Putting on TG tags means assuming a responsibility. A responsibility to contribute to making the server the place we all want it to be. That means *making* the time to step up and do the right thing. If a new player is on our server and has questions, is you respawning 10 seconds faster to try to cap a flag or get an extra couple of digital imaginary kills worth throwing away the opportunity for the community to gain a new positive member? Is it too much to ask that we make a good faith effort to respond politely to questions or confusion over the rules and give people a chance to alter their behavior before we be rude and kick them?

I think not. There's a difference between pampering and communicating in a mature fashion. Taking a moment to respond maturely and try to educate isn't just the job of admins, it is the job of ALL OF US.
                        TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

I've seen the harsh language but doesn't it typically come in response to someone who just can't let something go?...I mean like over and over again.

Crux is right though...some of the newer faces seem to be the staunchest of us all and in some ways this is good but in some ways not so much. But listen, I'm not calling anyone out, old timer or new...let's just practice tolerance where it makes common sense.
                          sigpic
                          |TG-1st|Grunt
                          ARMA Admin (retired)
                          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Putting on TG tags means assuming a responsibility. A responsibility to contribute to making the server the place we all want it to be. That means *making* the time to step up and do the right thing. If a new player is on our server and has questions, is you respawning 10 seconds faster to try to cap a flag or get an extra couple of digital imaginary kills worth throwing away the opportunity for the community to gain a new positive member? Is it too much to ask that we make a good faith effort to respond politely to questions or confusion over the rules and give people a chance to alter their behavior before we be rude and kick them?

I think not. There's a difference between pampering and communicating in a mature fashion. Taking a moment to respond maturely and try to educate isn't just the job of admins, it is the job of ALL OF US.
                            I have no problem "taking off my tags"; since you guys...again, took my statement way wrong... I'm a old, slow player, usually get my ass kicked in this game... this ain't ArmA3, (which IMO, I'm much better at), where you can stop, bring up a map and compass and then decide where to go, it's a fast and furious game, even when were trying to be "tactical"; I already get killed 25% of the time when I spawn in on my squad leader, usually by a sniper, so just to stay alive and not lose tickets for my team, I do not AND I DON'T. type while gaming... but when I see obvious violators jumping out of helicopters or loading a bike with C4 for a suicide run, and report it verbally over TS... and nothing happens... that's when, to me, TG has become just another server... this don't happen often, TG is the most disciplined server I play on... but when it happens it is frustrating.

Hell I even have my window comms deactivated in the options, thou it still pops up. Don't try and school me on being an example or a puppet, I play the TG way the best I can but have no time for those that don't. Some of you really need to get off your high horses when you respond to other SM's in these forums. Your not the TG police. ;)
                            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

and just like I figured... here comes the neg rep... pathetic. This is NOT the TG I grew to love years ago. ;)
                              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X