Secondary Seat Gunner Loadouts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary Seat Gunner Loadouts

Playing around with some of my vehicle loadouts and not really sure what to set the gunner options to.

When you hop into someones vehicle what options make you say "Oh hell ya!"

Re: Secondary Seat Gunner Loadouts

The way you worded that seems like you don't know how it works. Your gunner loadout follows you, so anyone that gets into your vehicle will have their own gunner loadout selected for that vehicle. Sorry if that's not what you meant.

Personally I use thermal optics and soflam in my gunner seats.

Comment

Soflam.
      BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

Oh I didn't realize that it worked that way, I assumed you set what you want for your vehicle and others used what your vehicle was equipped with. Thanks for clarifying that! :P

Still curious to hear what everyone uses

Comment

APC--> Gunner Soflam + Gunner INRV/Thermal

Tank-->Zoom or Thermal would depend how well you can see on the map - then I'd do belt feeder unless driver was using guided(in that case use soflam)
          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

For helo gunner, Thermal + either guided or tv missile. TV missile is better if you are going to stay further away/use buildings/terrain as cover and just pop up once in a while to shoot.

One thing that sucks about the tv missile is its aimed about 45 degree down from the front of the chopper and you cant move it up, so the pilot has to tilt the nose way up if you want to shoot at another helo.

It's unfortunate most people don't have the tv missiles or laser guided unlocked for helo gunner because it would make the attack helos a lot more useful.

Comment

I like thermal sights as the repair b*tch. Mainly just to see any sneaky people up close that might want to try and C4. Plus handy for seeing mines etc.
              AnimalMother
              Ex TG-31st LR
              "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
              sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

I usually run Soflam, even though very few people take advantage of it.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post
                  It's unfortunate most people don't have the tv missiles or laser guided unlocked for helo gunner because it would make the attack helos a lot more useful.
                  Sort of a sidetrack, but I have also noticed this from the standpoint of the MAA. It seems like attack helos try to strafe you with zuni rockets and you simply use your active protection and then shoot them down once they've passed over you. I've often thought that if they used something like the TV missile they could probably take out the MAA from great range but I personally haven't seen this done.

The only thing that has ever hit me in the MAA without much of a warning is the UCAV. There's just the "SPRRRRROING" noise a fraction of a second before it hits.

But seriously, I don't even know if the TV missile in the attack helo gives an audio warning to the targeted vehicle, because I've never experienced it.

Have to agree with Kilrogg that it seems to be underutilized, or broken, which also wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon View Post
                    Sort of a sidetrack, but I have also noticed this from the standpoint of the MAA. It seems like attack helos try to strafe you with zuni rockets and you simply use your active protection and then shoot them down once they've passed over you. I've often thought that if they used something like the TV missile they could probably take out the MAA from great range but I personally haven't seen this done.

The only thing that has ever hit me in the MAA without much of a warning is the UCAV. There's just the "SPRRRRROING" noise a fraction of a second before it hits.

But seriously, I don't even know if the TV missile in the attack helo gives an audio warning to the targeted vehicle, because I've never experienced it.

Have to agree with Kilrogg that it seems to be underutilized, or broken, which also wouldn't surprise me.
                    The TV missiles suck compared to BF3 but they are still usable with some practice. I have never been in a server where a gunner jumps in that has TV missiles. If you dont have TV you're pretty much useless if the other team has any decent air or AA.

Comment

TV missiles do something like 40% to armor. They're nice, but not great. Also the 20mm guns on the MAA actually outrange the TV missile's max travel distance (1000m?) While this will be fixed whenever their next balance pass is, there's no way a heli can use TV missiles to stand-off kill any MAA, since even if the MAA is rocking 30mms, the MAA can easily be fully repaired before the next TV missile hits. Plus, the 30mms reach up to 800m away and the active missiles are likewise able to track that far out.

I'm also not sure if they ever fixed the bug where you don't count as being in your vehicle when you're guiding the TV missile, so someone can spawn into your gunner seat (or driver if you're using the murderboat) and then crash/freeze everything for both of you.

edit: They're still better than nothing, especially since they do 10% more than unlased laser-guided missiles.

As for loadouts, I use the SOFLAM and thermals for LAVs and Prox scan (when in softcore) or beltfeeder for MBTs. There's no real reason to not use thermal sights on most things, though I'll switch it out for zoom depending on the map. Dawnbreaker has a lot of irritating heat sources that can blind you, so I'll switch to zoom on those maps.
                      I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X