• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Blog - Upcoming Vehicle Tweaks

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01...cing-vehicles/

UPCOMING VEHICLE TWEAKS

Aircraft and Anti-Aircraft
    1) Reduced the total amount of missiles carried by the Mobile Anti-Aircraft vehicles from 6 to 4. The total carried missiles were making it impossible for helicopters to use counter measures to avoid the MAA’s attacks.

2) Reduced the velocity of the MAA’s default 20MM CANNON from 1200m/s to 800m/s to match the 30MM CANNON. This reduction reduces the distance projectiles will travel and should prevent situations where the MAA could engage enemy vehicles without leaving its protected home base. The damage of the cannons remains unchanged, and aircraft, especially helicopters, should remain wary of getting too close to a MAA.

3) Reduced the physical impact of all Anti-Aircraft missiles to prevent helicopters from flipping uncontrollably when hit. The damage values have not been changed.

4) Reduced the cone in which ACTIVE RADAR missiles search for targets, making them require a higher level of skill in predicting where a target will be when the missile is fired. The missiles were previously too easy to aim at long range, making them a guaranteed hit and a clear advantage over the other missile types.

5) Increased the direct damage done by the Attack Helicopter’s gunner cannon. The gunner will be better able to assist the pilot in taking down vehicle targets with this change.

6) Increased the direct hit damage of the Zuni Rockets for Attack Helicopters. The rate of fire of these rockets combined with their smaller magazine pool made them a poor choice over the other two rocket types.

7) Reduced the splash damage and maximum splash damage range of the Scout Helicopter 25MM CANNONS. These weapons were too effective against infantry with a higher splash, making them a clear choice over the 7.62 MINIGUNS in all combat situations. The 25MM CANNONS are intended to give the Scout Helicopter some measure of effectiveness against vehicles, at a clear trade off in effectiveness vs. infantry.

Tanks and Anti-Tank
    1) Reduced the “intelligence” of the MBT LAW missiles, requiring the player to aim the missile closer to their target before the smart projectile will activate. Additionally, the MBT LAW now reloads slightly slower. This keeps the MBT LAW in its role of an easy to use, fire and forget weapon available to all Engineers, while also balancing it with the other rocket launchers in favor of skilled AT shots. Finally, a bug where the MBT LAW would pass through an ACTIVE PROTECTION shield has been fixed.

2) Fixed an issue where ACTIVE PROTECTION and the MP-APS did not properly stop 12G FRAG rounds.

3) Reduced the range where the M2 SLAM will do maximum damage to vehicles from 6M to 3M. Players will now need to be craftier when placing the M2 SLAM in order to get the full damage potential of this ambush anti vehicle weapon. This change is to primarily counter a tactic of placing 3 mines in the same spot to guarantee a kill on any vehicle passing within 6m. The range was deemed to be too large, making the M2 SLAM far superior to the M15 AT MINE.

4) Reduced the damage the STAFF shell does to all targets by 25%. This should balance the ease of use of the STAFF shell with its damage potential.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: Battlefield Blog - Upcoming Vehicle Tweaks

I think I agree with 100% of these changes.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
      I think I agree with 100% of these changes.
      Yup. Hopefully the changes work as intended.
      |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Probably going to broken another thing seems like this is happening since the release of the game.

I hope they really make the attack helo better as is now feels like a flying wale.
        Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

Note that they did *NOT* say: "Fixed a bug where the Staff shell could be re-fired more quickly than should be possible."
          So... then that ISN'T a bug?
          BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

That logic would lead to all items not being mentioned above as not being bugs. That seems doubtful to me.
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

"2) Fixed an issue where ACTIVE PROTECTION and the MP-APS did not properly stop 12G FRAG rounds." is the only bug they mention.

Comment

Perhaps the lowering of staff shell damage by 25% is their way of addressing the staff shell bug. It might be an easier fix in terms of time than fixing the quick-fire issue with the staff shell. Just guessing.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

It bothers me that the staff shell can't hit stationary air targets, like helos trying to cap a flag by hovering over it. I've definitely nailed several with the staff shell and it sails harmlessly through them. Would certainly accept lower reload rate and less damage if those shots actually registered as hits.

Comment

Finally!

The Staff Missile's description says it can auto-track and strike aircraft. However after extensive testing, this is not the case. It only strikes ground units, specifically auto attacks vehicles. I can however use it on stationary or hovering aircraft. The trick there is to strike the center of the body or the tail portion of the aircraft. Otherwise, I've seen my own staff missiles sail through a chopper's canopy without doing any damage or registering a hit.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

3) Reduced the range where the M2 SLAM will do maximum damage to vehicles from 6M to 3M. Players will now need to be craftier when placing the M2 SLAM in order to get the full damage potential of this ambush anti vehicle weapon. This change is to primarily counter a tactic of placing 3 mines in the same spot to guarantee a kill on any vehicle passing within 6m. The range was deemed to be too large, making the M2 SLAM far superior to the M15 AT MINE.
                      I was never aware of the original range of the SLAM charges, and never put them in the same spot anyway. But if they're reducing the range of them, it looks like I'll have to get even more craftier with my armor traps. :)
                      |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X